How not to attach flashing to brick

Look what I found when I checked out my contractor's work:

This is the correct way, with the edge embedded in the mortar line:

The window people sent the wrong flashing. They knew the house was brick. The contractor didn't say anything. I have roofers also working here. Had he spoken up it would have been easy to get the roofers to adapt the flashing.

What is sad about this is the contractor had been a mason before he became a GC. I am still waiting for his response to my e-mail.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Don Wiss posted for all of us...

So what do you want us to do? I would be on the phone within minutes, not wait for email.

Reply to
Tekkie®