How to refill washer transmission?

I turned my washing machine face down and then found the replacement belt I planned to use is not the one I bought online 2 years ago**. And none exist at any price in Baltimore.

So ordering one is taking several days.

There is a small amount of ail which fell from the transmission.

I could set the washer upright again, it means climbing over it two more times, and I dont' think there will be much more. I check every day.

If worst comes to worst, and I'm curious anyhow, how do I refill the transmission on a belt-driven pre-1985, Kenmore Whirlpool clothes washing machine?

About how much oil is in there to begin with, so I can judge if I've lost a substantial fraction?

What grade of oil? SAE90 (Gear lubricant)? Does it matter on something that goes so slowly?

I googled and all the hits I found are about replacing the transmission.

**I found in the bag that the replacement belt was in a piece of paper on which I had written Used. I don't remember anything about this but it's in my handwriting. I must have seen it at a yard sale and thought there was a good chance it would fit. What are the odds on that? It must have been very cheap. And indeed, it has the exact right part number but it's stretched even more than mine did. This accounts for the confusion in a previous thread.
Reply to
micky