How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

Isn't that essentially what the USENET is all about?

I love the fact 'we' help each other!

Reply to
Danny D

Clearing up "misinformation" the way you do is rolling out the propaganda.

Reply to
Tony Cooper

You must be a commie!

Just kidding. No really.

We help each other and everyone benefits. Why some people are uncomfortable with that is a mystery.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Funny Some people go the other way Go figure... :-)

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Usually, it's the takers who are uncomfortable with that The basis of their philosophy are:

1) Everyone is out for themselves 2) Therefore, I must be out for myself to get ahead of everyone else (doing the same). So when they come across people who don't operate to their rule, they get confused and presume that the other people are idiots..

The lesson was brought home to me reading "The Last Centurion" by John Ringo, where the main character discusses high trust and low trust societies. The US like most societies that originated from Western Judeo-Christian societies of the Northern Hemisphere, is a "high trust society" where the great majority of people understand the notion that if you come together to help others, it actually is a social benefit that will come back to your personal benefit sooner than later. Those countries, that have endemic problems of graft, corruption and other issues are "low trust societies" where the "me first - before all others", "trust only family and clan, and even they are going to screw you over", is the rule. To them the notion of repeatedly investing in good deeds towards others is wasted effort that only fools practice. They do not understand that most important lesson from the New Testament - the parable of the Good Samaritan.

Reply to
Attila Iskander

Why do you think the poster uses "nospam " as a nym and addy...

Reply to
Attila Iskander

That's the thing, you didn't pay for your own benefits, you paid for somebody else's benefits, and now somebody else has to pay for yours.

You must be one of those who thinks that Social Security has been saving your payments for you and investing them wisely. It hasn't. It has loaned it all to the Federal government at very low interest and the government has spent it all.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Interesting. The USENET is a high-trust society, for the most part; and certain groups, such as the three on this post, are all high-trust USENET newsgroups.

When we get help, we pay it forward ...

Reply to
Danny D

That's the contract.

Reply to
krw

Not at all. There is no "risk" or "cost", so therefore no "trust". Do you buy from spammers?

Reply to
krw

Well, you have a point that alt.comp.freeware is filled with spammers; but alt.home.repair is a wonderfully experienced collection of homeowners who help each other - and - rec.photo.digital is renown for the professionals who frequent it's hallowed threads.

Reply to
Danny D

The point being that there isn't trust because there is nothing at risk; nothing *to* trust.

Reply to
krw

I vaguely remember attending an ''example' class of an ANSYS software product that does this. It looked a lot like ProE competitor with rotatable drawings and presentations. The presentations looked like 3D renditions showing 'floating' pipes, ducting, and such. Even wiring. This software was for large architectural buildings, like high rise [I think]

Reply to
Robert Macy

Just remember I saw where a laser scanner was sit inside a room and software then produced blueprints. But don't remember the company name, perhaps try real estate users.

Reply to
Robert Macy

Not the way it was sold and not the impression that most people have. And not long-term viable with a declining population.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Because he's not creative enough to come up with a spamdump account.

Reply to
J. Clarke

That makes the contract all the more binding.

That's not the problem.

Reply to
krw

So you're fine with deceptive marketing as long as the fine print screws the buyer.

Tell that to the Japanese.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You certainly don't read well.

That's not their problem, either.

Reply to
krw

UPDATE:

That's a picture of the final assembly where the combination goal was to repipe pool plumbing to both eliminate a leak at the two pump inlets and to (at the same time) make it easier to repair the pumps in the future - and (at the same time) to reduce the number of elbows in the system as there were far too many (all of which were bunched up too close together) and, at the same time, to eliminate any lines going over on top of the baskets (which made it hard to open the covers).

Reply to
Danny D