How many breakers for the kitchen?

Well obviously you have a larger kitchen than I do, but that doesn't matter really. I take it NONE of you have the old 100A 12 slot breaker boxes - otherwise the notion of having that many breakers is totally out of it.

Anyway, thanks all for the clarification, I learned something new today.

Reply to
Eigenvector

you can probably install thin breakers doubling the number of circuits, although the box gets jammed and you may run short on neutral bus bars and have to add one

Reply to
hallerb

Actually, I do have an original 100 amp box that would take 12 full size breakers, it has a few half size breakers and a number of 60 amp double full size ones that feed sub panels. There are 3 subpanels, one to feed an extension to the house which contains the current kitchen, one for my workshop and one that is a transfer panel for a generator that holds all the "vital" circuits from thoughout the house to be fed from the genny in case of emergency.

Reply to
EXT