How common is wrapping devices with elec tape.

I was watching the great fount of knowledge U tube and one electrical guy said to always wrap the devices - switches / receptacles with tape before mounting them in the box. My lame question is how common is this?
--
Tekkie

replying to Tekkie®, Iggy wrote: Unfortunately and unbelievably, it's not common at all, outside of my work I've never seen it. I've done it since this century and had numerous electricians compliment the practice and state what a great idea it is, regardless of metal or plastic box. Much safer for everyone and even another, although slight, wire retainer.

I know guys who have to remove that gummy crap later are not so thrilled and I have never seen it done by a professional. I suppose they know I might want it unwrapped so I could inspect the terminals if it was.

If you wait long enough electrical tape is not gummy at all, just a strip of plastic.
On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 17:51:12 -0500, Sam E

Depending on the tape that won't happen in your lifetime - perhaps not in your kid's or grandkids' lifetime either.

Was it the April 1 edition of the DIY video ?
.. or Bubba-Jim-Bob's Discount DIY Implorium's latest promotion - F R EE - < did I say FREE >
" DIY Electrical DVD with any purchase."
.. not to be confused with the free " Root-Canal-At-Home-For-Beginners " ... on 8-track cassette or DVD.
John T. < I miss Billy Van >
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca posted for all of us...

Sparky channel New (best) tools every year...
--
Tekkie

It helps careless guys to not short devices to ground or grab a live wire shoving the device into the box, but real electricians don't do it.
On 10/30/2017 3:06 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Probably more common in the south.  It would definitely be a red flag that an idiot had wired the building.
On 10/30/2017 05:46 PM, Bubba wrote:

Maybe using the tape to eliminate the need to get the wires under the screws.
On 10/30/2017 6:54 PM, notX wrote:

ROFLMAO