Hot tub parts replacement

The inner gasket of my Aquatemp heater assembly is broken so I imagine I will have to replace the whole unit. Is it essential that I replace the existing unit with the exact same part or can I replace it with any old one? (Maybe an upgrade)

Thanks

Reply to
c_sicker

Check out

for answers. Don't let the name fool you.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Are you talking about an inline heater.

I think any heater that fits on the same pipes and uses the same voltage should work just fine. If you are replacing a heating element inside an assembly, the shape would be important but not necessarily the brand.

If by upgrade you mean more watts (not better reliability/brand or a fancy controller) then make sure the electrical circuit you have is sufficient for the new current load.

Reply to
PipeDown

Just about any part for any spa...

Terry & Skipper, Clearlake Texas