Home Repair

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

IOW, give me a name and ninety-five percent of the time I can find an off-topic "poast" or three.

Reply to
Dick Hymen

Years ago when my ISP tried to run a Usenet server it sucked. The server at the Free University of Berlin was free and I started to use it. I was satisfied with it and when they started charging 10 Euros a year I saw no reason to switch. ClickandBuy was shaky and the yearly charge often was flagged by my credit card company but they now use PayPal.

The Euro has weakened. It used to cost me about USD15 a year and now it's closed to 12. It isn't a major concern to me but there may also be advantages to using a server which is not located in the US as Twitter, Facebook, and others have set themselves up as arbiters of polite discourse.

Reply to
rbowman

I see 4 in my filter log since I mentioned clearing it a couple of hours ago. All political by the usual crowd.

Reply to
Frank

True, including me. But it is not stifling first amendment rights to ask for manners.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The speed limit sign says 70 mph but it's damn hard to find anyone driving less than 80.  In fact, driving over the speed limit is illegal, possibly dangerous and could even result in a night at the sheriff's hotel.

With that in mind, does anyone think we can actually stop off-topic posts?  Citizen's arrest?

Citizen's-Arrest-How-To:

Barney Fife

Excuse me sir but if you had any manners you wouldn't be posting off-topic.

Reply to
Excuse me?

And you wouldn't morph hourly, f****it

Reply to