You'll see a lot of home remedies suggested but none of them work for
me. For people who have a normal reaction to bee stings the best
thing I've found is Burt's Bees Res-Q. It was recommended to me by a
horticulturist who gets wasp stings frequently. I tried it and it
works pretty well.
"Politics" affects virtually every facet of daily life. The intersection of
politics and home repair includes:
* Tax credits for improvements or energy-efficient appliances
* Whether SawStop or similar will be mandated
* What wood one can import or buy
* Whether one can buy oil-based paints or phosphate-containing dishwasher
* Whether one can hire a day-laborer for $10/hr or must use a union laborer
at significantly more
* Whether our precious bodily fluids will continue to be polluted by
On 8/1/2012 7:39 AM, hr(bob) firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
Hey Bob, my wife got stung twice by some ground bees. These things were
real nasty. The 1st one stung through her jeans and it wasn't really
all that bad. But the 2nd one sounded similar you yours. It was on the
middle of her forearm and by the next day it was swollen and red from he
wrist to her elbow. It actually went down in a day or 2, luckily. The
nest was out in front of the house near the road where there is a
channel to direct water to a culvert. There was a slight over growth of
wild grass and the nest was under this overhang. Good thing here is
that some animal cleaned it out for us. I understand that skunk and
other similar animals like the tasty treats and will tolerate the
stings. I hope all is ok now.
They're probably hornets. Nasty bastards. They're aggressive and many are
allergic to their venom. It doesn't sound like your wife is (allergic to
them) or the reaction could be much worse. People carry epi pens because a
single sting can be life-threatening.
They cost that much? Arrghh!
I agree though...if anyone is highly allergic, they should carry one.
Other than that, ice it ASAP. Doctor told me that bee venom breaks down
after 10 minutes or so. Immediate icing will keep it localized until it
does break down. Doctor also told me to take Benedryl immediately. He
said that was basically what they gave you in shot form at the hospital.
My daughter was suspected allergic so I always kept Benedryl around. I'm
not allergic. Last time I got stung by a wasp (about a month ago), I
immediatedly iced my finger for 20 minutes. No swelling...just a little
sting dot. By the next day even the dot was gone.
If you have lasting problems with bee stings, don't ask for advice
here....call your doctor BEFORE you get stung again. Some ppl die
quickly from the allergic reaction.
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 17:39:11 -0700 (PDT), email@example.com wrote:
35 hours !!!! You're dead!
Remember, if your erection lasts longer than 4 hours, get to a doctor
immediately . . . . .
That includes finger erections !
Just think how much you'd have if a bee stings your dick....
Yeah, that is what I heard too, but could not remember... We used to carry
some stuff in the ambulances called sting kill but I cannot recall what was
in it. Never used it. If they had breathing difficulties then we went to
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.