Home EV Charging

My first house vintage 1959 ish < Brooklin Ontario >

I'm pretty sure had a 40 amp panel .. If either the oven or the clothes dryer were on when the central AC kicked in - it would trip the main breaker. ... it happened several times over the 6 or 7 years I was there.

It was still a great starter home - despite the scary early '80s mortgage rates < kids today can't even imagine it >

16 1/2 % when I purchased - and it was still a real estate frenzy ! .. 18 1/2 a year later on renewal. < frenzy over >

I locked in for 3 years when it went down to 12 1/2. < ! >

... the good old days .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

I bought in '82 when the interest rates were 18-22% for a first mortgage. Thankfully we had enough equity in our olf house to be able to be able to pay cash to the existing mortgage at 6 1/4%

Reply to
Clare Snyder