Home Depot Home Services: Recommended?

Just tell her good luck, and hope the financing they gave her was worth it. An old friend of mine from high school has one of the largerst roofing companies in the area, and I asked him if Lowes or HD had aproached him about roofing projects, and his reply was that they had, but when they found out that his cost, and finance rate was lower than what they charged, for better materials, they about broke their necks to get him to do it. His reply was that he made better money fixing their subs screw ups..:)

Reply to
CBHvac

I'll give her your regards, and thanks for the additional info (which I will pass on.) Frank

Reply to
frank1492

Ya, I've been screwed by Home Depot "at home services" and I would recomend that anyone who has also been burned by Home Depot, Please file complaints with the BBB and their states Attorney Generals office and the Georga state Attorney Generals office ( Home Depot has their HQ in Atlanta ) Its bad enough that fly-by-night inc. does this sort of thing, but a multibillion dollar company with a "good name" to protect. Well its NOT the way to cultivate customer loyalty, I for one will NEVER shop at any home depot. They have lost a customer. Just my $0.02 worth.

Reply to
Andrew

I got the same story from HD. Doing a search, I found that HD had purchased Installed Products USA (which I guess is a nationwide roofing company). Does this mean that all of the roofing projects are handled by IPUSA and technically HD employees? HD gave a big song and dance about how they were changing their At Home Services image by buying out the sub-contracted companies that performed well so they would be HD employees with HD standards. Their claim was that they were starting with the roofing group first, then would expand to other services.

I've had a very frustrating time with the "Installation Consultant" (i.e., used car salesman in HD uniform). After all of the promises, when it came to contract time, not everything was listed and those that were listed, were often incorrect - and passed off as either a 'typo' or his retraction saying 'he never said that'.

I hope the sales thing is just that - sales. All sales are nothing more than smoke/mirrors. But assuming the new way of services is correct, are the project managers and workers any better? Does anyone here have any inside experience as to this supposed new HD way?

Reply to
bx

Doesn't HD own an HVAC wholesaler? Couldn't HD provide the equipment to a third party installer?

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

I have yet to locate firm proof of that. Trane, is owned by American Standard, and they sure dont own them.

They do. Local, registered, licenced (if only for a short time) Trane dealers... Now...if you have ever worked in the trade, seriously, you know that Trane is overpriced for what you get. Imagine if an installer, has to do it for less than normal, with a pretty good chunk of markup going to the real third party...HD. I dunno about you, but if I went to work one day, and was told I got a pay cut, but had to churn out more work, its time to find a new line...

Reply to
CBHvac