Home Alarm

I have a Scantronic,Arrowhead,Spartan SP650 I just added 2 zones but when i open or close these zones i don't hear to Chime i get with the other zones. How can i program the 2 new zones to chime ?

Reply to
desgnr

Check here.

Eric9822

desgnr

Page 13 - Memory location 84 seems like a good start.

Reply to
Eric9822

LOL...

Let your fingers do the typing i a google search for a local company which designs and installs alarm systems in your area...

This is something you should not attempt to do yourself, as you will only end up getting into trouble if you don't know what you are doing...

Reply to
Evan

Am I the only one here wondering what the hell a "sound bomb" or "screamer" is? And if they exist, why he can't find them with google?

Reply to
trader4

Am I the only one here wondering what the hell a "sound bomb" or "screamer" is? And if they exist, why he can't find them with google?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I have a home alarm system (professionally installed). I am *guessing* that the "screamer" he refers to is the very loud, high-pitched siren that will be set off if a door is opened or window broken while the alarm is set.

MaryL

Reply to
MaryL

I'm in my forties, and been wearing hearing aids since age six. The one time a landlord and I entered a property to change the locks, the ## alarm went off. I turned off my hearing aids, went and found the box, and made slight modifications. About 45 minutes later a sherrifs car showed up. We had a pleasant chat, and they departed.

Nothing like having a big van that says LOCKSHOP on the side!

.

Am I the only one here wondering what the hell a "sound bomb" or "screamer" is? And if they exist, why he can't find them with google?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I have a home alarm system (professionally installed). I am *guessing* that the "screamer" he refers to is the very loud, high-pitched siren that will be set off if a door is opened or window broken while the alarm is set.

MaryL

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wireless, set it up yourself. No monthly fees.

Reply to
Thomas

Whether it's wireless or wired is not what determines the monthly fee. If either is MONITORED by an alarm company, then there is a fee.

Reply to
trader4

X10 is not monitored but it does automatically dial 4 preset phone numbers. You decide what prerecorded message you want to be heard. Direct dial to 911 with "This is Thomas at 5 MyStreet. My house is being broken into". Just avoid false alarms.

Reply to
Thomas

Assuming you want it monitored. In many cases, a loud siren is all the protection needed. Of course, you don't have the same options and level of protection as a monitored system.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

X10 doesn't monitor or dial anything. X10 is a communications protocol for use over normal AC house wiring. What any product that uses X10 is capable of doing is entirely up to the product designer/manufacturer.

And having used X10, like many others here, I know it's limitations and I would never use it as part of a security system.

Reply to
trader4

How would you 'beat' it?

Open any door or window, it goes off. Smash your way in and the motion detectors set it off. Cut the power and the back-up battery kicks in.

And yes, it does dial.

Reply to
Thomas

Huh? You're talking about a voice dialer. X-10 is a signal over power line protocol.

Never program a dialer (voice or digital)to call 911 !!! It's against the law for one, and a stupid idea in so many practical ways.

Reply to
G. Morgan

The issue isn't any particular burglar beating it. The issue is that X10 is an unreliable communications method. All the available devices I've seen are one way, with no verification. They send a command down the powerline and assume that it arrived at the receiving device correctly. It's OK for certain applications, like turning on a light, where the consequences of the light either not getting turned on or staying on once in awhile are minimal. I have an X10 application and come home every couple of months or so to find a light that should be off on. Many others here have reported similar experiences. No big deal with my light. With an alarm using X10, if it gets set off by false alarms, or fails to activate with a real break-in, it would be a big deal.

Assuming the X10 signal from the door, window, etc makes it to the control unit. And that the control unit doesn't receive some spurious X10 signal that sets it off.

Reply to
trader4