HOA loses one

"Wilbur, a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig that a Spring homeowner's association wanted to kick out of a family's home, doesn't have to move, a Harris County district court judge ruled Monday."

"I think we need to forget about his being about a pig for a moment and look at the broader issue of homeowner's associations and residents," [trial judge] Engelhart said. "Homeowner's associations are there, on one hand, to maintain a neighborhood in a particular way, but they also have responsibilities not to infringe too much on homeowner's use of their land the way they see fit and not to serve as an exercise yard for Barney Fife wannabes."

(Okay, I made up that last.)

HeyBub