HF drill driver question

Yesterday, I had a failure of freshly charged battery for my 18 volt cordless impact driver:

Drill was purchased in January, and is out of

90 day warranty.

My choices seem to be either to buy another battery on sale for $15 or to send this one to Primecell, and pay them $48 plus shipping both way to rebuild it.

At this moment, I'm thinking to pitch the dead battery, or maybe save it to cut apart for parts. Likely most of the internal cells are good. Do some swapping out parts, at some future date.

What's the collective wisdom? Pitch it out and be done with it?

- . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Is it worth spending any time on a $15 18v battery that fails in less than one year?

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Curiosity killed the cat, and I may cut this one open. I've marked the potentially bad battery, see if this happens again. It will.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon