Here's a stupid question and probably off-topic.

I'm expecting the delivery of my "entertainment center" cabinets this afternoon. One central "t.v." cabinet and two side cabinets. They're free standing. What is the optimum distance from the wall for setting them up?

Reply to
Stoic

For wire maintenance, make sure you can squeeze your body behind the central cabinet without crashing the whole thing onto the floor, so you can re-do wires when necessary. And, it WILL be necessary. For sound, it's totally wrong to put speakers in cabinets, so anything you do will suck. Just experiment and see what's the least hideous.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Once wired up they can be very close to the wall. You need room to ventilate, but not seeing the design I can't say for sure. It would be a plus to have them on casters so you can move it out as needed. Once loaded, these things can be too heavy to move safely. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski