Help Replacing Washer on OutdoorOutdoor Faucet

I have a Prier outdoor faucet that leaks from the handle when I turn it on. I believe this is the model.

I want to replace the washer, but I'm having trouble removing the stem. As I unscrew it, the stem comes out about an inch, but at that point it turns without coming out any further. Is there a trick to removing the stem?

Thanks, SW

Reply to
Summer Wind

could be frozen? stripped threads? just replace the whole thing? for replacements also see hdsupply.com virtual catalog pg 230

Reply to
buffalobill