Help, removing a wall mount TV

I am amazed that the people today seem to think the time they get paid for at work is theirs to dick around on and that they seem empowered to modify software on a machine they do not own to do it.

Reply to
gfretwell

Not only would it be really tough to tamper with our OS due to admin rights, but they refresh the image on a regular basis so even if you could, you might get to play for a week at best.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What an evolution of thread from how to remove TV from wall mount.... Cheating and dishonesty everywhere. Is it proven computers improved productivity? Printers decreased the use of paper?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Let's say our systems had lots of your personal/medical/financial data on them, like maybe a doctor's office or an insurance company (which is not where I work, those are just examples)

Wouldn't you want us to "keep the spies out" as well as "keep the data in"?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I suppose, but I could not work in that sort of environment. I have an incredible amount of freedom to do as I please. Friends have often asked why I don't fully retire until I tell them what my typical work day is. Arrive at work. Push button to open the door to the heated garage. Make tea. While brewing, start computer Drink tea and BS with co-worker Walk through shop and say "good morning" to everyone. Read a couple of utility meters used to track efficiency of operation. Check email Check personal email You get the idea. Oil change needed? I'll be back in an hour.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Not just today. After work or on days off I would often get in arguments with guys who would be posting from their work. Usually they were whining about other workers being deadbeats. I had no problem pointing that out. Hell, two managers of mine would bump bid each other's stuff they were selling on eBay. I worked all day on the computer, and never thought about going on the net. Anyway, I always had a better computer at home, but the point is it's a poor work ethic.

Reply to
Vic Smith

An "environment" that ensures that personal data is seriously protected doesn't preclude "freedom". Other than the "meters" and "personal email" items, I can do everything else on your list. Heck, I could go days without even showing up.

If you are picturing me chained to a desk with an whip wielding ogre standing over me, well, that's not even close. It's our systems that are locked down, not me. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

WOW. Someone please raise a flag, and do it quickly in honor of this godly being! Apparently we have found the real Mr. Perfect.

Congratulations for being so superior to everyone else. I hope someone gave you a trophy for being such a goodie - goodie. I bet you were the teachers pet too, and tattled on all the other kids when you were in school!

And just so you know, while I was having a little fun on the computer at work, everyone else was reading some crappy magazines, in between jobs. I just happen to hate magazines. Never found one I liked!

Reply to
Paintedcow

I'd *NEVER* f*ck with a corporate computer. The potential damage to a network of 100,000+ computers is staggering. Not the kind of attention I want from my boss.

But hey, don't let me stop you. Knock yourself out. Hack away.

Reply to
Goodie Goodie, II

+1 In the skool system I worked for the teachers would take them home for months and use their home n/w. They would ave their spouses 'Oh he works with computers and knows what he's doing'. They wouldn't even bring them in when they had an in-service and it was required. They would come over and beg for one to use. Never tell a teacher or administrator no. All clouds descend upon you. We had one boss that we had to ask for every individual case whether to re-image it or try to fix it. Then the teacher would stand there like 'what's taking you so long?' and pouting. It was THEIR computer...

I will stop my rant here before all nod off.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Ed Pawlowski posted for all of us...

Where do I apply? I'm sure they wouldn't have any objection to my walker as it would increase their disabled employee count.

Reply to
Tekkie®

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

Your post is outlandish. I'm sure Mr. Fretwell is capable of defending himself if needed.

OTOH you are a known turd and can't be picked up by a clean end.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Ok. So how would one go about removing a 55 inch Vizio from the wall when some idiot removed the release straps during installation? I really don't want to destroy the tv in the process.

Reply to
wmtdim

Can someone help me un install my tv mounted to the wall?im alone so i cant take it out

Reply to
rodelmateo143

Sure, what's your address?

Reply to
bob_villa

I'll bring the beer.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

The steps shown here will allow you to remove the TV from the wall without destroying the TV. The beauty of this method is that it can be used from in front of the TV or from behind it.

DerbyDad03

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

If you are female post a picture of YOU. Then link to it here.

If you are male then detail the menu of tasty treats and refreshing beverages so we can make plans. Lobster is a favorite of mine.

Reply to
Tekkie®

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Good answer. This is the universal method when these type of pesky problems arise. It is certainly better than using a hydraulic jack in terms of leaving a cleaner aperture. If we knew what model number of the mount and TV we could present a more definitive answer. Does the OP check back? Hello, hello, we need more details.

Reply to
Tekkie®