Help, removing a wall mount TV

I see said the blind man! Yes, there was a second release cord on the other side but it was wound up around the coax and I didn't see it. My wife pulled the two cords and I lifted it off the wall. Thanks people!

In between the bullsh*t, this group is a very handy resource!

Reply to
Joe J

I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Nancy

First, depending on how old this is, it may be so heavy it requires two people, two men, to hold it up. I helped a guy mount one of those, but I don't remember what year it was. More than 6 years ago. Secondly, does it really take an Allen wrench? A hexagon hole?

If so, there are sets and bigger sets. Once I got a set with 15 sizes, I think I had enough sizes. Also there is metric and English.

I have no idea if any use Allen wrenches or not.

Reply to
Micky

I have not really looked at that many commercial brackets, mine are usually home made but usually the ones I see have a spring loaded catch that holds the TV to the bottom rail and it just hooks over the top rail. Some have string bobs you pull, others have a little tab you push. Either way you tilt the bottom out and it is still hanging from the top if you don't tilt it too far. You can jam a piece of cardboard between the bottom rail and the clamp so it doesn't lock up while you walk around front to get a good grip on it. Then just lift it off Be sure all of the cables are disconnected and out of the way so you don't get hung up.

Reply to
gfretwell

I wonder how old this message is, considering prodigy.net has been gone since around 2009.

Reply to
Paintedcow

You will notice that the date of the original Joe J post was 12/2011.

However, Nancy seems to have revived the thread yesterday.

The subject is the same, but the question (and mounting method) is different.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Mine does.

The two braces that attach to the TV have "hooks" at the top and bottom. Once you hang the TV on the mount with the top hooks and swing the bottom of the TV in, the bottom hooks go under the bottom rail of the mount so that the TV can't be lifted (or bumped) up (and off) unless you swing the bottom out.

Then, to prevent the bottom of the TV from swinging out, there are 2 large Allen head bolts that go through the top of the mount and contact the top of the braces on the TV. Once those bolts are tightened against the braces, the top of the TV can't go in, so the bottom can't swing out.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

My suggestion would be to post a picture of "the hole to unlock the bracket" so we can see what the issue is.

Another option would be to post the model number of the mount.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I'm curious, where did you find that date? I looked and did not find it.

However, it seems that all posts from (Some Name) caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85******@example.com are replays. Probably from "Homeowners Hub".

I'm not sure what the point is, except to keep usenet alive.

Seems to make little sense to reply to most of them, because there is no REAL OP.... But a few of them may help someome, I suppose!

Reply to
Paintedcow

I appreciate all the responses. However, as I mentioned, I do not have the tool or key to unlock the bracket. I do not believe it is a hex or requires an allen wrench. I have a professional TV installer coming to uninstall current TV and re-install new TV. Hopefully, he will have the tool needed.

Reply to
Nancy

Well, I'm a Google Grouper (I can't use a newsreader at work, so GG keeps my history synced across my work PC, my home PC and my iPad)

Anyway, here's a screen shot of the OP in GG. Note the date in upper right corner.

DerbyDad03

How about Thunderbird Portable? I keep it on a USB drive.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You can use Thunderbird as a portable version on a flash drive and take your groups with you and not have to be confined to using GG.

Reply to
Muggles

haha! I just posted the same thing. I should have read your post first.

Reply to
Muggles

That works if the USB ports are not blocked by the security settings.

Reply to
clare

Bingo!

No external media allowed.

I can charge my smartphone via USB but that's about it.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

No external media allowed. USB ports disabled except for charging.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

A good hacker could fix that! :)

Reply to
Paintedcow

Some commie outfit trying to keep the spies out eh. I'd not last working for a big corporation.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

For a brief time I worked at a "temporary job", a company where I had to use a computer and contact a list of businesses, to make sales of their products. This was in 2001, and we had Windows 2000. We could access the web, but they had most popular websites blocked. (for example ebay). I learned that it was blocked in the HOSTS file. But we could not modify the settings within Windows. I easily got around that, using the DOS command line, and within minutes I was able to access any website. So, while others were sitting there bored (between our actual work), I was shopping on ebay and looking at humorous pictures. I began saving some of those pictures too. which would get everyone in the office laughing, because I found a way to also send those pictures to others on the intranet (not internet), which was just within our building.

The boss never caught on to this the whole time I was there. Soon this job (being temporary), came to an end. Before I left, I wanted to clean up my computer, but wanted to save those pictures. We could not use a floppy (I tried) in those computers. That was simple enough, I just emailed all the pictures to my own email address at home. Then I had to once again go to the command line (Dos) to delete the pictures and restore the original HOSTS file (which I had backed up). When I left that job, the computer was the same way I got it.

I was always surprised the techicians who maintained the network never caught on, however if they did, they probably just looked at those humorous pics and laughed and never said anything to the management. I actually think they did know, because one of them was always cracking me up with jokes and I rarely saw him do that with other employees.

I'm sure its not as easy to tamper with modern operating systems, but Win2000 was pretty easy to tinker with.

Reply to
Paintedcow