Help me identify my kitchen faucet - photo link included (2023 Update)

The problem is the hose that runs up through the tall faucet is leaking. I don't know who manufactured the faucet. So unless all the faucets of this type use the same hose, I need to identify it so I can get the correct hose. Please help!

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

It will be easy if you get an answer here. If not, take the photo to your local plumbing supply house and ask. If it was installed by a local plumber chances are he bought it local.

You can probably browse web sites looking for it too, u it may be the firs one you see or on the 5783 one.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The logo is usually on the back of the faucet near the base on the back toward the wall. It looks a lot like the Lowes in house brand.

Reply to
gfretwell

Try Moen Harlan < ? > google image search.

John T.

Reply to
hubops

Harlon not Harlan .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

If it is really Moen and not the Lowes knock off Moen will usually send you a hose for free. Email them that picture and see if they believe it is theirs. .

Reply to
gfretwell

sure looks close

Reply to
Clare Snyder

At my last house, I installed a Moen kitchen faucet and matching soap dispenser. Nearly three years later, way after the warranty period, the soap dispenser broke. I called Moen to order a new soap dispenser and the guy insisted on sending it out at no charge, no need to see any purchase receipt or anything at all. Great folks to work with.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Same situation with both American Standard and Pfister. Buying off brand stuff doesn't make any sense unless you are flipping houses.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Before posting I checked the Moen website, and found no match. All of their similar kitchen faucets have the handle pointing up. They pull down to turn on the water. This one has the handle sticking out horizontally, and you raise it to turn on the water.

I also checked Sears (the people I bought the house from were big on Sears) and Lowe's. I even did a reverse-image search on my picture.

Thanks for the tip on Moen, however. I will send the pic as suggested. Perhaps it is an older model.

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

Two choices:

Take the hose to a local plumbing supply and see what they say. Buy a new faucet, it;s probably a cheap Chinese knock off and not particularly attractive. In my experience, when the name isn't shown, it's usually cheap.

Reply to
trader_4

If you say that the Moen Harlon is different than the photo that you posted - so be it .... they sure look identical to me !

John T.

Reply to
hubops

They certainly are at least very close. One immediate difference is the Moen has "Moen" on it, visible at the bottom of the base. Which goes with what I just said in another post. When there is no name visible, in my experience it's typically low cost off brand China product.

Reply to
trader_4

If they copied the detail closely then the hose may be the same too. Aside from the name they sure look the same.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Mine says "Communist Red China" at the bottom.

Reply to
micky

Moen replied today. Identified and correct part number for the hose. Thanks again.

Would you believe their similar faucets are now selling for $400-$700!

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

No surprise. Moen, Delta and Phister Phaucets are NOT INEXPENSIVE. And not, at least genrrally, cheap either. The offbrand stuff is usually more cheap than inexpensive.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Yes, you have to know the difference. Cheap is often very expensive.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks to someone's suggestion here (thanks again), I sent the picture to Moen. This is their reply:

"The faucet that you have is the 7599SL Moen Medora faucet.  The hose number that you will need is the 131381.

Many Moen parts can be purchased online through the following link:"

No free hose, but I got the needed info.

Reply to
slate_leeper

If you compare the handle on the Medora to the handle on yours and the handle on the Harlon - - yours looks like a Harlon to me. . not that it will make a difference in your repair needs. John T.

hubops