Uses for Neodymium Disc Magnets

I bought some 1.5 inch Neodymium Disc Magnets.

I used some for holding tools.

I am looking for other ideas for what to use them for.

I was incredulous for the holding power of them.

After removing the separators between two of them, I had a heck of a time separating them.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

One word - " magnet fishing " !

... you never know what you'll catch !

John T.

Reply to
hubops

The computer hard drives have some very powerful magnets in them.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Microwave ovens too.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Andy snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Got any kids? I used to love to play with magnets when I was a kid. Excellent toy.

Reply to
KenK
[snip]

Yes, and also shake flashlights.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

I once had the horseshoe magnets from an sps-40 radar. Went to the local pier and fished for tackle. Those were AlNiCo IIRC and todays rare earth magnets are quite surprisingly strong.

Reply to
FromTheRafters