help-Kitchen sink with disposal clogged

Hello,

My kitchen sink decided to not accept any more foodstuff this morning as my garbage disposal was grinding up some carrot shreds. The disposal ground up the food but nothing went down the sink. It filled up with water and carrot debris, leaving a soupy orange mess in the sink.

So I went to HD and bought some Drano gel stuff. I poured half of it in the sink and the other half in my bathroom sink, which had been draining slowly. Half-hour later, I washed both sinks down with hot water, as per instructions on Drano bottle. The bathroom sink works beautifully. The kitchen sink now has hot sudsy Drano water in it. The drano warns me not to turn on the disposal as all the poisons from the gel will splash toward me and my kitchen.

What else can I do? I want to avoid paying a plumber something I can do myself.

Thanks in advance,

Danielle

Reply to
diggadan

ok, nevermind. Throwing caution to the wind, I turned on the disposal and after a second of mushy orange carrot stuff mixing in with the hot sudsy water, it fixed itself!

yay!

Reply to
diggadan

Proving once again what I always say, "No amount of careful planning will ever succeed as well as dumb luck."

Gongrats, I would have done the same thing, but probably played it a little safer by placing a big cooking pot inverted over the disposer opening before yelling, "Contact!" and hitting the switch.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia