Help fix small 1/3 hp chiller

I have a small 1/3 hp chiller that I bought used. It is called a Power Chiller made by Custom SealLIfe.

What it is, is a chiller with a 3/8 flexible conduit that is attached to a prong that I place inside a fishtank. So the chiller is meant to have the prong be placed inside fishtank water and it cools the fishtank water.

I seem to have 2 problems.

1) One is that the 3/8 conduit has a crack / leak, so I need to replace this. Where it is bent, I place my hand over it, and I hear a different sound when my hand is placed over the bent area. Plus I can see that this firm conduit is "cracked" at that point.

This seems like a simple repair. The writing on the conduit says this, "Seal Proof type b outdoor direct burial 80 degree dry 60 degree wet 70 degree coil res 3/8 liquid tight flexable non-metallic conduit.

1) Where can I go to get this type of conduit? Is it a simple job to replace this. Can I just open the box and unscrew this?

That may fix all of my problems, however, the chiller may need freon, etc. Cool air is coming out of one side, but I would like to know, how I can test, to see if enough cool air is coming out of the machine.

2) So is there a test I can do, to determine if the cooler works properly when I replace the conduit without having to buy expensive equipment.

Thanks much, Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: snipped-for-privacy@seldin.net

NOTE: My web home page:

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC