Heat pump SEER rating

A number of years ago the local power company wanted everyone to cut back on power usage during a heat wave. They did.

A few months later they wanted to raise the price because people were not using enough power.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

The green parts of the graph are domestic. I'd say the UK was either middle income or maybe upper middle. Both have about 5% domestic use.

I'd call agricultural "industrial" - it's a business, not a home.

I expect to get the service I pay for. When my internet breaks, I get a refund.

If you have twice the dams, you clearly have twice the water available. If you lose 15%, so what? You still have double left.

Unless they record the conversation, I certainly can.

I think I'd notice a poisoned cat, it looks entirely different to a run over cat.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Yes.

You should be using europe and even that's not appropriate because the UK is much more soggy and much less industrial than much of europe and nothing like central asia water use wise. That bar is useless for the breakdown in the UK.

And your original industrial is just plain wrong.

The europe bar is nothing like that and I don't believe that the agricultural water use in the UK is anything like the europe bar either.

That chart is completely useless for water use in the UK.

You'd be wrong about that.

Much of it isnt business at all, particularly with the horse paddocks etc for the stinking rich kids and the water for the horses and hosing away the horse shit etc. Its actually part of the house.

Doesn't matter what you expect, you get what you are given services wise and have to pay for that.

Water supply doesn't work like that, for a reason.

No you don't in droughts because the water doesn't stay there for the decades between droughts.

It doesn't work like that with droughts,

And you lot don't have enough places suitable for twice as many dams anyway. You don't even have enough dams for London alone and have to recycle it thru 20 sets of kidneys already even when its pouring down like it has recently.

Your scheme is just as pathetically naïve as your microwave 'designs' and how car cooling systems should be done. Taxation in spades.

We've been doing dams for millennia now, its just a tad unlikely that some unemployable spammer will be able to do it any better now.

They don't have to prove anything, you'll be fined regardless.

But when it is never seen again, how it looks is irrelevant, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed