Health of posters

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:lc5jk3 $l3b$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Hi Dufey,

I'm confused. In some of your posts you mention being "disabled" (on SSDI) and in other posts you mention how you are still "pulling comm cables", presumably for pay. How do you get SSDI while getting paid to work and paying the IRS? (You do declare the income right?)

The reason I ask is that I would also like to get disability while working.

Reply to
Zaky Waky

I don't get paid, I help my roommate with his business so I can get out of the house and not die from inactivity. I may actually get out in the field one or two days a month but I can do paperwork, order materials, watch for bids online and plan jobs. JH can't operate the network cable verifier which tests the frequency response of Cat-X network cables and will produce a printout of the test results. When I go out and help JH, it may take me a couple of weeks to recover from the outing and my hospice nurse would scold me for exerting myself. I can't climb ladders anymore or crawl around under things without paying a high price for the activity. I've been on SSDI for less than a year and I spent over a month total in the hospital last year. I could go out in the field and supervise an able bodied person who can climb and crawl plus I could instruct them in the proper way to do the job but I'll have to do it from a chair or something to support me like my walker. When I was in my

50's I could climb like a monkey, now I just look like one. I don't live to work, I work to live. I can teach a sober person who has less than a genius level IQ to do a lot of different things if they're willing to work at it. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The Daring Dufas wrote in news:lc5pb0$nfr$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Ok, thanks. Glad to see that you are getting on and that your typing skils seem fully functional. Hang in there.

Reply to
Zaky Waky

From what I know of your medical history (I don't spend a lot of time remembering others medical charts) you've got your share of aches and pains. They might be a lot worse, if you'd been using chemicals all your life.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've heard that some people who eat that new high fructose corn syrup tend to fits of rage, and random blast of anger, and NO IVE NEVER HAD ONE OF THEM AND DONT YOU EVER REMIND ME AGAIN!!!!!!

They also tend to rambling, and forgetfulness. Wow, that's a nice song on the radio. And now for the next song, where did I put my car keys?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

LOL! Reminds me of the "Twinkie Defence". Turns out it was true.

One day Raymond Francis, a chemist and a graduate of MIT, found himself in a hospital, battling for his life. The diagnosis: acute chemical hepatitis, chronic fatigue, multiple chemical sensitivities, and several autoimmune syndromes, causing him to suffer fatigue, dizziness, impaired memory, heart palpitations, diarrhea, numbness, seizures and numerous other ailments. Knowing death was imminent unless he took action, Francis decided to research solutions for his disease himself. His findings and eventual recovery led him to conclude that almost all disease can be both prevented and reversed.

In "Never Be Sick Again", Francis presents a seminal work based on these findings - a revolutionary theory of health and disease: there is only one disease (malfunctioning cells), only two causes of disease (deficiency and toxicity), and six pathways to health and disease (nutrition, toxins, psychological, physical, genetic, and medical). This remarkable book answers the questions: What is health? What is disease? Why do people get sick? How can disease be prevented? How can it be reversed? It will teach readers, in one easy lesson, an entirely new way to look at health and disease - an approach that is easy to understand, yet so powerful that they may, indeed, never have to be sick again.

Providing a basic understanding of health and disease, this book takes the mystery out of disease. It provides readers, no matter what their present physical condition, a holistic approach to living that will empower them to get well - and stay well.

Jason