Health of posters

I was able to loose a great deal of unhealthy weight by simply cutting sugared soft drinks out of my diet. As much as I love cookies, candy and ice creme, I'm going to have to avoid them. High fructose corn syrup is used to sweeten so many foods where actual cane sugar would be more healthy, not because of it being significantly different as a sweetener but because it is much more expensive and a manufacturer would use less cane sugar. The HFCS manufacturers remind me of the tobacco industry of years ago where they sponsored scientific research which was claimed to prove tobacco was good for you and perfectly healthy to use. Like tobacco, consumers really don't know what's in HFCS which has a manufacturing process that is proprietary and a closely held secret. Too much of anything including sugar is unhealthy. One very big problem is the fact that there is so much sugar hidden in processed foods. O_o

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

In the late 1980's I was working out in The Marshall Islands and the mode of transportation I used was a bicycle. The island I was on was 3 miles by a half mile so it was no big deal to hop on my bike and go anywhere on the island. I was in the best health and shape in my life when I lived there and wish I'd been able to stay. I'd probably have skin cancer due to sun exposure but I wouldn't have any heart problems. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

So you have a problem with people who've paid into the system longer than you've been alive and those same folks who were against your Messiah Obama's plan to destroy the medical care and health insurance industry in this country. How many nyms do you have? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I hope you meant $2.00 more per hour. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I have to wonder who the Whacky Zakjob voted for? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Stop eating GMO-laced junk food and start eating unprocessed organic food and your cardiovascular problems will go away.

Or you can continue masking your heart problems with expensive pharmaceuticals. Your choice. Your life.

Reply to
Bubba

I was turned down the first time but was unable to attend any hearings because I was so sick. My lawyer had pictures of the damage to my legs from venous stasis and explained to the hearing judge that I could barely walk at the time and was in a great deal of pain, my claim was approved. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I can take care of a whole package of mint Oreos in an evening. Grandsons know my hiding places, so keeping them on hand is out of the question. I will live however long one does with my vices, which is more fun than worrying about every calorie I take in (calorie count, in and out, is equal). Now that pot is becoming legal, I'm wondering what will happen to the anti-smoking movement? And why does this country count on such destructive vices to raise money? Sort of oxymoronic.

Reply to
Norminn

Destroy the health care industry? You have no clue what an absolute, wasteful pile of s--- it is. It is finally going electronic, and the newer diagnostic and procedure codes used by providers will shine a big light on the worst crooks and the providers who just sell procedures rather than care.

Reply to
Norminn

I hope he saw a doctor as a lot of things can be done. I recently had steroid shots in the knees and it made a huge difference, even if it is only good for about 6 months.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

There are lies, damn lies then there are the alphabet television news networks. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Lefties don't like it when their lies are exposed for what they are. Their messiah's can no longer be hidden, even by the adoring press.

Reply to
krw

All caused by government meddling. Obamacare will be the final nail.

With everyone from the IRS to the game warden having access to your personal files.

Reply to
krw

Well, he got his Obamaphone.

Reply to
krw

You have to pass the law to find out what's in it. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

[snip]

Sounds about right. Zaky Waky just realized that it's all been lies and he was dumb enough to buy into it. He's obviously fearful that the rest of us will become oxygen thieves like him and take from his plate of free stuff.

LOL! Even though I have to work extra hard to be able to afford nice things for my family AND supply the slugs like him, I still have a better life than those sucking on the government tit for their entire lives.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

The problem stems from the fact that they disagree and actually enjoy being parasites.

Reply to
krw

I've never had a beer or so much as a glass of wine in my life nor have I taken any illegal drug in my life. I've never smoked anything legal or illegal in my life. I don't even like taking the drugs prescribed to me by doctors and I'm not a Mormon. I was a little mad scientist as a kid and studied about all the poisons people were taking into their bodies. I decided it was extremely stupid to poison yourself. The excuse of everyone else has done it made as much sense to me as jumping off a cliff because others have done it. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

He has been to an orthopedist but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was but I know he got some elastic supports and he told me seemed to help a bit but with the weather bouncing around he's almost in as much pain as I'm in. The important thing is, he learned how to beat a real killer that causes health problems to get much worse. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

That's a real nice sentiment but where do I get the money to pay the higher price for non-factory farm produced organic food. I do have a good deal in the fact that I can get pure real olive oil from an old customer who has his own olive groves in Greece. If I get a chance, I can get to the farmers market on the far side of the city but that requires a lot of walking and unless I could get a scooter, it would be difficult for me to obtain contented vegetables who are known by name by the farmer who raised them. I go to small stores and use the shopping cart as a walker. The small grocery store that is in my neighborhood has a fair selection of vegetables but I don't know which planet they were grown on. I do buy dead animals and parts of them there but not that much. My pain level drops when I consume animal protein but I don't buy that much and when I do it's mostly dead chickens. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas