Handymen(and women) help for Katrina Victims.

Habitat for Humanity is in the early stages of organizing help for hurricane victims in the gulf region. In the near future, they will be sending teams to assist in the rebuilding of homes, businesses, and lives. Interested volunteers may sign up online at:

Here is the chance to use your skills to help your fellow citizens in the gulf. They will be so grateful.-Jitney

Reply to
jtnospam

A cowoker's brother owns a construction company. Last week, he closed and took all his workers and eqip. to gulfport to offer any volunteer assistance they could. Over the weekend, they were "forced" to leave by gov't contractors who didn't want anyone doing for free what they were getting our tax dollars. The contactors would intentially block her brother's heavy equipment with trucks and dozers to keep it from veing able to be moved and used. They decided to leave the area because they felt like a "forced exit" was inevitable, give the way they were being treated and yelled at. The had planned to stay there for a month at no charge to anyone other than his own business. Hope Habitat has better luck.

Reply to
A.D.C

I was in Gulfport last weekend and certainly did not see any of that happening.

In fact I was helped significantly by a volunteer group that helped me remove all of the contents of a flooded house, and then cut trees off the house and framed a fairly substantial temporary patch on the frame and roof to stay further damage. There are literally hundreds of those groups down there doing the same thing, mostly sponsored by churches and from all over the country and remarkably well organized and equipped..

The only thing I'm aware of that the government is currently paying for is the removal of debris and trash from the roadside. Debris that had been cleared from the roads or drug out by the property owners.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Reply to