H P envy 5660 printer

The printer works fine for most things except p' rinting pictures from an SDI card. all copies come out pink. I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

Reply to
herbwhite59

How much would it cost to repair a $99 printer?

Reply to
Bob

+1

Also, what does the poster mean by it works fine for most things? The same color pics sent from a PC to the printer come out OK, but from an SD card, inserted into the printer they come out all pink? That would be very strange. Assume they mean SD card, never heard of an SDI card.

Reply to
trader_4

Cost more to fix than replace. I'd transfer the files from the card to the computer and print from there. I assume you tried a different card to to be sure it is the printer and not the card.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Unless you can repair things yourself, most anything under $ 500 is not worth having it repaired. Most places would not even look at things for under $ 100 to start with. Then if the item is very old, it may have other issues that will shortly show up.

I don't know anything about that printer, but does it have a way to set up for color correction. Are you sure it is the SD card or could it be whatever is used to get the pictures on the card.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

If you have an ultrasonic cleaner, drop the print heads into the tank with a 50/50 mixture of iso alcohol and water.

Reply to
Bod F

He is saying that it prints OK, except from an SD card. At least that's what I think he's saying. In which case, it's not the print heads. But who knows, not a lot of info. Like can he print the same pic from a PC that's on the SD card? If so, very odd.

Short of a new printer, typically things get on an SD card from something like a smartphone. If so, he could use one of the automated drives in the sky, sync the phone to it and then print from the PC. Standalone cameras, I would think recent ones would have wifi and similar capability too.

Reply to
trader_4

Are you talking about a postcard, dumbass?

Reply to
Jeff Hickling

Hey herb, you wanna clarify the problem for us?

Reply to
devnull

Were the pics on the SD card created by a scanner ?

I had a desktop scanner that went bad when all scans started to come out with a green tint to them.

Reply to
Anonymous

Does your mommy know you are playing on her computer again?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I put in new ink-clean the print heads but they still are pink. Is it worth it to have it repaired or just get a new one?

Can't you just copy from the SD to an HDD and print from there?

Reply to
micky

Get a big one and you can print houses with it.

Reply to
micky