Ground hog day

and 02-02-2020

Some history here:

The Germans surrendered at Stalingrad in 1943. Buddy Holly's last concert in 1959.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

rbowman

I guess the ground hog told them they would only have 118 more weeks of war.

Reply to
gfretwell

Good one here

VinnyB

Dunno what he hit that one with , but a Hornady 52 gr match hollow at ~4,000 fps from a 22-250 would have turned it into pink mist .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I took a couple of Punxsutawney Phil's relatives with a bow maybe 10 miles from Punxsutawney. Tastes like chicken but a little tougher.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

And I think it's miserable if it's 10F or so, cloudy, and with a strong north wind. I have a copy of One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich somewhere and should dig it out. I'm spending too much time on this expensive toy.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

That why historically people tried to have their jolly little wars in the summer after the crops were in.

Hayha preferred iron sights since the scopes of the day tended to fog up as he picked off Soviets huddled around fires.

Reply to
rbowman