greenworks 40v pole hedge trimmer

Not a political post so it will be boring....

--------------

I have these tall hedges around the perimeter of my yard that have to be trimmed down every year. I stand on a ladder and try to keep them at the 8-9 foot level. For this I have a Greenworks G-Max 40v pole hedge trimmer purchased a few years ago. Yesterday the trimmer just stopped even though the battery still showed two bars. I charged it anyway but it still would not start no matter what I did.

This morning I called the company to inquire about it. I didn't have the receipt so they went by the date of manufacture -- 10/17/2016. Their warranty is 4 years. I was out of luck according to the representative. I congratulated them on building the item perfectly to fail immediately after the warranty.

Later I asked my wife where she ordered the trimmer and she told me Amazon so I looked up our purchase history and found it had been ordered 03/28/2017 -- still within warranty! I called Greenworks back and talked to a new representative. They asked for an electronic receipt of the purchase which I sent by email. A few minutes later they came back and told me they are sending a new 40v model with battery and to discard the broken one. I was given an order number and ETA.

Keep your receipts! I usually scan them and put them in electronic folder so I don't have to keep paper receipts. I didn't do that four years ago but fortunately Amazon did.

Reply to
badgolferman

I was curious and looked up this trimmer. I could have used something like that. It looks like you lucked out as it states only a 3 year warranty.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Well, the manual clearly states a 4 year warranty. Maybe they changed it to a 3 year warranty for the newer models since they were having failures like I did.

At around $130 it's still worth it if you have tall and deep bushes to trim. It extends and extra foot or so. I put a hose clamp on the safety switch which is higher up on the shaft so I can run it by only using the trigger. That effectively makes the pole trimmer longer.

Reply to
badgolferman