Got two heel problems with some ill-fitting new shoes

I did something stupid. I bought a pair of beguilingly cheap and good looki ng shoes on ebay from China. They look in real life as good as online! Howe ver, they fit TERRIBLY! The seller said to buy his shoes a size larger than normal.

Now the right one slips like crazy while the left one [doesn't slip but] cu ts in to my foot badly at the top of the heel.

Does anyone think this situation can be cured by using some sort of heel pa d to make the right shoe a bit smaller and hold the bit of the heel which c uts into my foot at the top slightly further back or is this not a solution for brand new shoes? Is heel padding a temporary repair which will need r eplacing every too often?

What causes the heel to cut in sharply at the top? Is it mis-shapen such th at only sending it back to China will fix this problem please?

Reply to
DManzaluni

Throw them out!

Reply to
philo

Now the right one slips like crazy while the left one [doesn't slip but] cuts in to my foot badly at the top of the heel.

Does anyone think this situation can be cured by using some sort of heel pad to make the right shoe a bit smaller and hold the bit of the heel which cuts into my foot at the top slightly further back or is this not a solution for brand new shoes? Is heel padding a temporary repair which will need replacing every too often?

What causes the heel to cut in sharply at the top? Is it mis-shapen such that only sending it back to China will fix this problem please? _________________

Count your blessings if you can send them back.

I was in Hong Kong one time and got diddled by a custom shoemaker called Shoeman Lau. What I wanted was a pair of eel skin loafers, eel skin wears like iron.

I'm guessing Shoeman didn't have any eel skin because he talked me into ostrich. Well and good except he used ostrich LEG...shiny, yellow and scaly, just like chicken legs.

I wore them a few times but quit because I didn't have a purple velvet suit and green beaver hat to go with them :(

Reply to
dadiOH

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA, too funny!

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

If you can't return these, the right show may be too wide. I'd try adding one or innersoles or a tongue pad; not a heel pad.

You need to carefully examine the left shoe. Maybe there is an obvious staple/defect that is cutting your heel. Maybe you can massage the area and it might soften up or conform better. Heel pads will not last long.

Now the right one slips like crazy while the left one [doesn't slip but] cuts in to my foot badly at the top of the heel.

Does anyone think this situation can be cured by using some sort of heel pad to make the right shoe a bit smaller and hold the bit of the heel which cuts into my foot at the top slightly further back or is this not a solution for brand new shoes? Is heel padding a temporary repair which will need replacing every too often?

What causes the heel to cut in sharply at the top? Is it mis-shapen such that only sending it back to China will fix this problem please?

Reply to
John Keiser

I've worn boots since 'twas in HS 50+ yr ago primarily because very few shoes did/do not cut my heels irrespective of cost/fit as is just a fact of the bulk of humanity apparently doesn't have heels shaped as mine...

I'd say it's unlikely the defect can be cured with the particular shoe altho apparently it's not built _quite_ like the other one; perhaps there's an open seam instead of turned or somesuch; who knows?

Like most, my feet aren't quite the same size, either; the left is somewhat larger/wider than the right; it's mandatory when trying on boots to use the left one as the judge; it's possible that a fit on the right will not be able to get on the left...

Reply to
dpb