Got bondo resin on my hands

I mixed up a batch of resin to repair a trash can.

Got some on my hands.

Thinner got some of it off.

Anything better?

The tip of one bottle of hardener disintegrated while taking the cap off and I lost it all. :-(

I may complain to 3M about it.

Andy

Reply to
AK

Only time will tell.

Reply to
Thomas

Time.

Unless you're a hand model, there should be no problem.

Reply to
micky

Acetone. Some acetone based nail polish removers have vitamin E, jojoba oil, or other ingredients to try to off set the defatting of the acetone. My paws aren't that delicate so I just use common hardware store acetone. Saves the strange looks as the checkout clerk looks to see what color nail polish I'm wearing. The lipstick is bad enough (lipstick can be handy when you're fitting parts. Smear it on one piece and it will transfer to the high points of the matching piece.)

The hardener for polyester resins in methyl ethyl ketone peroxide (MEKP). You can often find it at marine supply houses since it's used for fiberglass. Whether you can find a small enough quantity so it's cheaper than buying another bondo kit is the question.

Reply to
rbowman