Getting parts for Sterling faucets

My home was built about 20 years ago. In this neighborhood they used Sterling for all of the faucets. According to the guy at True Value, places like Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry replacement parts for Sterling.

Who does?

Reply to
Rod

For more information on service parts, please call the Sterling Answer Center at 1-888-STERLING (783-7546).

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

Google is your friend.

Reply to
mm

Who cares?

You might want to replace them for less than $10 for bathroom sinks and about $20 for the kitchen.

Reply to
John Gilmer

built about 20 years ago. In this neighborhood they used

Help me out John. You want the OP to replace his faucets with really cheap new ones?

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

-------------------------------------

/o)\\ \\(o/

Right, JK, don't buy new, junky faucets! The good ones are repairable.

I found that Lowe's carries a large variety of faucet repair parts, but not enough. They do have a Danco catalog that includes a huge selection of replacement parts. I found my kitchen faucet stem in the store's Danco catalog and then bought the parts on the web by Googling the part numbers. My faucet took 2C-4H and 2C-4C for hot and cold respectively (last letter in part #).

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 355987 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
jerryEE

-------------------------------------

/o)\\ \\(o/

Right, JK, don't buy new, junky faucets! The good ones are repairable.

I found that Lowe's carries a large variety of faucet repair parts, but not enough. They do have a Danco catalog that includes a huge selection of replacement parts. I found my kitchen faucet stem in the store's Danco catalog and then bought the parts on the web by Googling the part numbers. My faucet took 2C-4H and 2C-4C for hot and cold respectively (last letter in part #).

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 355987 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
jerryEE

True.

Actually you can often repair the cheap ones too.

But why bother?

When you replace it, you get new handles, etc. All the chrome/whatever is new and fresh. You get to clean up where the faucets rests on the sink.

When you replace the only major problem is that the lines should reach the new faucet connections.

Reply to
John Gilmer