Frigidaire Evaporator Fan Motor Discontinued Help

I have a Frigidaire Model number FPE17TSB Serial # 82AD2126 Evaporator Fan Motor squeels Parts distributor indicates that motor has been discontinued. Where can I find a motor that will fit?

Thanks tom

Reply to
Tjacobs

Gemline makes a couple tinkertoy things with lots of parts.

If it's just squealing, you can take it out and blast the berrings with ether or trichlor. And then reoil it with zoom spout. Get you by for a couple more years.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ask your distributor about a GEMLINE motor. You may have to carry the old motor in for comparison. They are universal motors and can be adapted to fit. If I was your refrig guy, I think I have a Frigidaire motor on the truck that would work with only modification of the electrical connection. Any good refrig guy can do that for you.

Reply to
RS

This is Turtle.

looks like your going to go universial here.

I can't read the furnace numbers well but i take it might be a gas furnace or a electric / air handler.

Air handler : Get you a G/E Motor # D-7907 / tie the two speeds together and get you a Fasco Band type Hanger kit # FM-55 and slap that sucker right in there.

Gas furnace : Get you a Fasco Motor # D-728 / you will have the 3 speeds to tie in with and get you Fasco Band type Hanger Kit # FM-55 and slap that sucker right in there.

Now sometime when a motor squeels they are calling for oil. You should oil them every 20 years even if they don't need it.

Now any good hvac service company will usely have the universial motors on their truck. I usely keep 3 of each on my truck in case I need them.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

I don't know what the original one used in that model looks like but the universal evaporator fan motor kit might work in place of the original.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to