SWMBO

I'm seeing a lot of references to SWMBO recently.

Is Rumpole back on the air ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Wait 10, 20 ,50 yrs. You will be the ASS that experimented, and HD now wont warranty your PUSS,,,,, Wake UP It lasts thousands of years done right ,, Bozo, YOU a BOZO , BOZO

Reply to
mark Ransley

I wish they would run the Rumpole of the Bailey stuff again.

SWMBO definitely comes from that reference, but is somewhat common on usenet to refer to the "other half". I call the sweet little lady I go home to at night the "short little round girl" - funny and cute when she was 100 # and cute, now Mrs. Santa Clause is skinny next to her. In fact, if she would grow an inch taller, she'd be round.

#################### Keep the whole world singing. . . Dan G (remove the 7)

Jim Thomps> I'm seeing a lot of references to SWMBO recently.

Reply to
Dan G

Actually from H. Rider Haggard (better known by the shorter title, "She") by way of Rumpole. -Wm

"When the Rudyards cease from Kipling, and the Haggards ride no more." - James Kenneth Stephen (1859-1892)

Reply to
William