Florida stand your ground case conviction.

Must have been a long time ago, the EG has been on display for a long time.

I was there about a year ago, the parking is free, we parked right in front of the entrance. It is a great museum. Besides the Enola Gay, they have a Concorde, Space Shuttle, Saturn V engine, and an SR-71. The SR-71, it's last flight was from LA to Dulles in an hour and 4 minutes.

I've had some museum views from the house this weekend. The Collings Foundation Wings of Freedom tour is at the local airport. The B-17, B-24 and B-25 have been flying past, giving rides.

Reply to
trader_4

Depends on how you define really murder. This latest one was actually a major overreaction and fear of what the one who died might do next.

And it will be interesting to see what penalty the shooter gets.

Not an excuse, it's the law. And in some situations its even legally fine to shoot them in the back when they are leaving and when they are leaving your neighbours house too.

It clearly was in this case with the black dumping him on the ground deliberately.

Bullshit.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That last is a lie.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sometimes the state is stupid too. CT wanted to tighten up on them so new tags have a clear serial number and the user has to be able to how their ID. So,we went to the DMV, had the proper paperwork and got the new tag. Asked what to do with the old one, she said "just throw it away". Yeah, I imagine everyone just tossed that old tag with no numbers.

BTW, you don't need a license to get a tag. You just need the paperwork from a doctor and a state ID. That way if someone drives you they can use the tag.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

This was a high profile case a few years ago. Firing four 12 gauge shotgun rounds into a dark garage with no visible target didn't fly. It was also apparent Kaarma was baiting the kids. The general consensus in the community was idiots like him imperiled our stand you ground laws.

There was another incident in the same time frame where a person involved in a love triangle kicked in the door from an attached garage to enter the house. The homeowner neutralized the threat. That case didn't even go to trial.

The stand your ground law also applies to public places. A few cases were murky but in each the jury could apply the intent of the law.

I don't know how Zimmerman would have fared in this state.

Reply to
rbowman

A friend is quadriplegic but has enough upper body mobility that he can drive a modified van. The van has a lift so he can get in and out with the wheelchair. That implies the space needs to be large enough for the van and the lift that drops down from the side. One of the problems is someone blocking access to the lift, which can even occur in a poorly designed handicapped parking area. Apparently some of the tags are issued to mentally handicapped people who can't comprehend that parking up against an extended lift isn't a good idea.

I do find it ironic that the store in town that has the most space allotted to handicapped parking is Sportsman's Warehouse.

Reply to
rbowman

That's for all the fat hunters who spend too much time in deer stands.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Sadly you might be right. I haven't hunted in years but when I did it didn't involve four-wheelers and deer stands. I did have a cousin who favored sitting in a stand up tree until he fell out of it and broke his arm.

Reply to
rbowman

One of my former co workers bow hunted. He thought he did pretty well on the camouflage one weekend after a sparrow landed on his arrow.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

That was just a political lynching. The guy died from cardiac arrest after fighting with the cops and he had a history of heart problems. Dead white guy and all black cops, it would probably not even have made the news. BLM was at play here.

Reply to
gfretwell

The tag cycle here is 3-5 years between new tags and as far as I know that is the only time you need to reup the handicapped tag letter. I am not sure what they do about the window tags. You could always say it was lost/stolen I guess. Personally I always respect those spaces but we have lots of people here who need them. I don't mind a little walk.

Reply to
gfretwell

There are many qualifying disabilities that aren't visual.

Reply to
M. L.

You are totally clueless.

Reply to
gfretwell

The minimum number of handicap and handicap van spaces is determined by the total number of spaces in the parking lot. The owner can put in more tho. To be a valid violation the spaces do need to be properly marked. It is not just a sign.

Reply to
gfretwell

Fat hunters can't get up in tree stands. They shoot quail from the back of trucks.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yes, my wife had it for congestive heart failure. She could walk fine for a short distance. Over the years as the disease progressed it became obvious as she went to using a walker and then a wheelchair.

Since the car is in my name only she could get a tag but not a plate. She recently passed away so the tag is no longer valid.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Shooting deer from the pickup is more like it. Just ain't worth it if you have to drag Bambi more than 50 yards.

Upstate NY was up to its ears with whitetail. Every year the Conservation Department would beg hunters to walk more than a quarter mile into the woods. Not many takers.

Then, later in the winter, the paper would publish photos of a few hundred deer yarded up and starving. Some do-gooder would then organize a airlift of hay. Next year, more whitetails. There's a lesson to be learned here when applied to human populations.

Reply to
rbowman

You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Sorry, Ed. That must have been rough for her, and you.

Reply to
micky

  I was waiting for you to pull that one out . Rod , you're just another troll . And your handlers need to come up with some new lines for you .
Reply to
Terry Coombs