Flipping a car

You can have one HELL of a lot of fun under 75MPH - and with the B rear axle comes modern rear brakes - and even the original fronts properly set up will lock the front wheels before the rear B brakes lock. The narrow tires couldn't hold much more braking power, and at about 2080 lbs as modified it gits, skits, and stops pretty good!!!

Side curtains and a buggy top. This one has just a toneau and brooklands screens. If it rains you get WET. The heater works pretty good -but that just keeps you warm from about the knees down. There is no "boot" on a TD either - the top folded down and stowed behind the seats along with the side curtains. You got almost as wet with the top as without.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

Several friends have /have had Miatas. One raced his - super lightweight with turbocharged engine. About 1575 or 1600lbs and well north of 185HP. He absolutely killed vettes and boxters in "king of the hill" That thing was SCARY quick. His dad went through about 3 over the years, and with the hardtop they are pretty snug. Basically what the MGB should have become. Poor mans Z3 or H2000. The newer ones got a bit too porky for my taste -- - I drove Mini,Alpine, TR7 and MGB in years gone by - can't say I miss the 7, particularly.

Reply to
Clare Snyder

A friend had a MGB that I drove now and again. It was okay although he carried a spare fan belt in the trunk. Throwing the belt would have been as annoying if it hadn't dented the hood on its way out.

I lusted after a TR3 since it was a little hotter than the MGs, except for the problematic Twin-Cam. The Yaris performs better than either although it certainly doesn't have to cool factor.

Reply to
rbowman

Yeah, that was the Sprite. I got a white tonneau and fitted it on a hot summer day. I'll have to say it looked sharp, white cover on a blue car. Then came fall and cooler evenings. I've bad memories of getting home at

2 AM and damn near pushing the car down the driveway to snap the cover closed.

It was fun though. One night my brother in law was riding shotgun and asked how it handled. I did a bootlegger and all he could say was 'Oh'. He was used to driving his father's Checkers. Just as well, given the frequency with which he wrecked those tanks.

Reply to
rbowman

A whole lot more reliable too

Reply to
Clare Snyder

I liked the idea of the Tiger but I was never serious enough to buy one. I did know a couple guys who were really into those MG/Triumph/AH cars and they were racing them on weekends. The one who worked for IBM drove a BMW sedan to work (60s vintage). It looked like something you would see on the Mobile Gas Economy Run but it was a sporty little thing that would keep up with my Corvette.

Reply to
gfretwell

2002 Bavaria? they were great handling and performing cars - I rallyed against one for 3 years in the R12 and beat him every year - - -
Reply to
Clare Snyder

This was the late 60s, early 70s so I doubt he was driving a 2002 anything, even if it did have a flux capacitor and would go 88MPH. ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

You are a moron when it comes to cars too, are you??? The 2002 was built from '71 to '73. It was the 2 liter version of the 1502, 1602, and 1802 and was the fore-runner of the 300 series. Technically the "bavaria" was the 6 cyl - 2.5 liter to 3.3 liter version of basically the same body style - but the 2002 was often called the 2002 bavaria by enthusiasts - or the "Baby Bavaria". The Datsun 510 was "the poor man's Bavaria"

Reply to
Clare Snyder