Flexible water main., metal

The other end of the line. The sewer that runs down my road ends, and mine is the last house connected to it.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

We have at least one sewer line where I work that is 21 feet down.

Back in those days they used gravity, now I'm sure we would do a lift station.

I was told it was dug by a shovel crew in 3 lifts, each lift tossing dirt up one level to the next crew. Labor was cheap, power equipment was expensive back then.

Reply to
TimR