Flashlight temptation

On Tue, 10 May 2016 14:21:35 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain

I've plonked the idiot a long time ago and I have to read his crap because you guys keep "feeding the troll". I aften wonder if the Macaw is human or a robot of some sort. No human could be THAT stupid and still manage to reach adulthood.
On 05/10/2016 02:10 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Einstein was driven by "How did he do it". So I have to say, no. He probably would have just been mediocre.
"hampered by religion"? You lead an insular life.
Often times, those that say they don't believe in religion, get caught up in religions by other names, such a secular humanism, atheism, Liberalism, global warming (which is not science, but religoun).
Liberalism, which tells you what you can eat, what you can wear, who you can speak with, what you can drive, yada, yada, yada, is far more restrictive than Christianity. Hell, Liberalism even tells you what you can think (political correctness).
A lot of atheists are very religious people.

More dogmatically narrow minded than the most devout Jew, Muslim, or southern Baptist Christian, by far.
On 05/10/2016 02:58 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sometimes it takes you breath away. You are not even allowed to broach things like global warming. It would be funny, but they are trying to get people fired over it. And they become really viscous.
Poor Stormin remains a total gentleman, even when I am pointing not to him that Mormons believe something completely different than do Christians. Had he been a Liberal, I would have gotten flamed at a minimum.

I thought god knew?
--
Advice given to RAF pilots during WWII:
"When a prang seems inevitable, endeavour to strike the softest, cheapest object in the vicinity as slowly and gently as possible."
On 5/13/2016 9:55 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

God knows ... but I don't!
--
Maggie

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 3:29:34 PM UTC-6, T wrote:

What a load of bullshit. ===
On 05/10/2016 03:11 PM, Roy wrote:

Too Funny!
On 5/10/2016 4:29 PM, T wrote:

Many good points!
--
Maggie

On 5/10/2016 4:05 PM, T wrote:

I agree!

I love it when I get to discuss the existence of God, but many people just get angry or frustrated and won't actually "discuss" anything.
Does a person base their belief system on "what we know to be true"? Well, "what we know to be true" can be challenged, and some people see that sort of a challenge as heretical in nature because mankind is their god. How dare I challenge the wisdom of learned men! Who am I that I would even try? I do get that opportunity every now and then, though.
--
Maggie

It depends on someone being fucked enough in the head to jump to conclusions instead of finding out the often more interesting actual cause.

No, it's the sense to realise that there is no point in believing something there is no proof of, and which is very unlikely.
You're backwards way first thinking is like saying I'm a type of piano player because I avoid playing pianos.
--
CONGRESS.SYS corrupted... Re-boot Washington D.C. (Y/N)?

On 5/7/2016 2:54 PM, Meanie wrote:

What do you have against allegories?
--
Maggie

On 5/7/2016 1:54 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Which parts are fiction?
--
Maggie

Sorry. I physically cut the D open. It was a AA. Don't generalize from your one experience. I'm sure different brands had different ratings between sizes.

None of the ones I bought. You must have even more rippy off batteries over there.
--
My memory foam pillow has got Alzheimer's! -- Steve Pounder circa 2014

I've often thought that Stormin Moron belongs in a bag. Emesis bag, evacuation bag, garbage bag... something along those lines.

hty ╬ Wannabe →⚛ejqpQ wrote:

d,

of

lar

dex.pro

So you don't use alkalines, simple.
-- Fellows, it's often easier to just give in to your wife. I mean, what's your word against thousands of hers?

There is evidence of all those things.
--
Lysdexia: a peech imspediment we live to learn with...

On Wed, 4 May 2016 19:22:30 -0400, Stormin Mormon

While I do have some inexpensive LED flashlights and lanterns - one with a crank generator, I bit the bullet in the last couple of years and got some better lighting.
For better made lighting with reasonable battery life, try dorcy.com A step up from there is fenix-store.com/
The 200 lumen Dorcy "camping" lantern ($23) runs 39 hours on 3 D cells http://www.dorcy.com/p-410-41-3103-200-lumen-camping-lantern.aspx
The 65 lumen "warm white area" lantern ($25) runs 60+ hours on 3 D cells This also has a "nightlight" amber LED with unspecified run time. http://www.dorcy.com/p-637-41-3104-warm-white-led-area-lantern.aspx
I have both and will report when (if) power is off long enough to provide a valid test. In 11 years at this location, the longest outage was about 16 hours - that was before I had these lights.
For an every day carry flashlight, look at the Fenix E12. http://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-e12-led-flashlight/ I initially thought it was a bit pricey ($26) and put off buying it for a while. However, unlike most of the inexpensive LED lights, I've never had to shake or thump it to get good contact with the battery - even if it's been sitting for months (same is true for my two AA MagLite with LED conversion). The E12 uses one AA cell and the specs are: High - 130 Lumens (1 hour 30 minutes) Mid - 50 Lumens (6 hours 30 minutes) Low - 8 Lumens (40 hours) I don't remember the last time I changed the battery in it and even with recent use for two nights as the nightlight in a hotel room that didn't have one, it's still bright on the highest setting. It's waterproof to 6 feet for 30 minutes - and has been through the washing machine once (shirt pockets not checked).
On 5/5/2016 5:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@wizardanswers.com wrote:

My every day, many times a day light is a 2 AA mini mag with Teralux bulb. Much same as your experience. Very dependable, seldom have a dead battery. I use NiMH cells, change them out every several days when I think of it. Fits nicely in my pocket, and is brighter than an old 2d Duracell Durabeam. Light is slightly blue.
Some years ago I got some Dorcy lights at Walmart, one AAA cell. They are rather bright. Not a size I use every day, but they are nice for coat pocket. Battery goes in backwards, so it doesn't turn on and go dead by accident.
--
.
Christopher A. Young