Flashlight temptation

More dogmatically narrow minded than the most devout Jew, Muslim, or southern Baptist Christian, by far.

Reply to
clare

What a load of bullshit. ====

Reply to
Roy

Sometimes it takes you breath away. You are not even allowed to broach things like global warming. It would be funny, but they are trying to get people fired over it. And they become really viscous.

Poor Stormin remains a total gentleman, even when I am pointing not to him that Mormons believe something completely different than do Christians. Had he been a Liberal, I would have gotten flamed at a minimum.

Too Funny!

I agree!

I love it when I get to discuss the existence of God, but many people just get angry or frustrated and won't actually "discuss" anything.

Does a person base their belief system on "what we know to be true"? Well, "what we know to be true" can be challenged, and some people see that sort of a challenge as heretical in nature because mankind is their god. How dare I challenge the wisdom of learned men! Who am I that I would even try? I do get that opportunity every now and then, though.

Reply to
Muggles

Many good points!

Reply to
Muggles

Sorry. I physically cut the D open. It was a AA. Don't generalize from your one experience. I'm sure different brands had different ratings between sizes.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

I've often thought that Stormin Moron belongs in a bag. Emesis bag, evacuation bag, garbage bag... something along those lines.

Reply to
Bud Frede

None of the ones I bought. You must have even more rippy off batteries over there.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I thought god knew?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

That would be my guess. My LG flip phone (with USB Micro socket) charges okay with the DT charger, and a cable which I purchased at DT.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

God knows ... but I don't!

Reply to
Muggles

No guessingn required. Cell phones run on Lithium Polymer cells with a 3.7 volt output, so if 2 1.5 volt +/- dry cells ( 3 volts, +/-) can charge it, there IS a voltage boosting circuit involved.

Reply to
clare

But this way Stormin' gets to play the sage survivalist guru reasoning out a complex problem. AND he gets to start a new thread and see his name in lights again.

Win-win.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

But holds half the total energy of a model with four cells. You will get half the charges. Fine if you can recharge regularly. If you are away from home or a heavy user, one might consider the 4 cell versions. Twice as big, twice as heavy. Pick your poison.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

So you don't use alkalines, simple.

-- =

Fellows, it's often easier to just give in to your wife. I mean, what's= your word against thousands of hers?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

4AAAs?
Reply to
Mr Macaw

Why not just take a fully charged spare phone battery?!? You're deliberately taking the wrong kind of batteries, then transferring the charge, how ridiculous.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

There is evidence of all those things.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

I'm generally inclined to agree with you...

Reply to
Diesel