Flashlight temptation

On 5/8/2016 9:20 AM, misanthrope wrote:

When I was atheist, I thought Christians were deluded. So, no offense taken. Even if I know you're wrong.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

So you must also know that you used to be wrong. So how do you know you're right now and not then?
--
New here? Pull up a chair and we'll plug you in.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/8/2016 4:14 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I'm much more in tune with the universe. Better understand a lot of things.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're intending to be funny, but are accidentally telling the truth.
--
Kakistocracy - Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/kakistocracy
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/8/2016 2:56 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Amazing, you have such fantastic insight into the world. Perhaps you can continue your lessons. I eagerly await.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
learn more about Jesus
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/7/2016 4:08 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Religion is only the outward expression of a desire or acknowledgement that a greater power exists beyond our own selves.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Yes I know what religion is, and it's nonsensical. There is no evidence of a greater power. If there was one, there would be evidence, and if we have to worship it, he would ask for the worship.
--
What does Michael Jackson like about twenty-eight year olds?
The fact that there are twenty of them.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/8/2016 1:33 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, religion is a logical response to an inward sense that greatness exists outside of being human.

Who designed the human nervous system? What sort of intelligence would it take to get it to function correctly?

There is evidence, but even evidence is subject to your individual belief system.

Would you want to have to ask, or would you want such adoration given freely to you?
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:

And looking around you, you see God's hand in everything.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/10/2016 2:22 PM, T wrote:

yeah ...
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 05/08/2016 12:26 PM, Muggles wrote:

Hi Muggles,
I sometimes refer to God as the Master Bioengineer. :-)
My unscientific observation is that a lot of intelligent folks do believe in God. Einstein's saying as "How did he do it?" The more you realize you don't know, the more humble you become and the more you realize their is someone's hand in all this.
First sentence of the Nicene Creed: "We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."
Wisdom of Sirach, chapter 38, v6, KJV: And he hath given men skill, that he might be honoured in his marvellous works.
Glory be to God! -T
It also helps when you have a personal relationship with Jesus (God) and one of his saints. Can we say "voices in our heads?" :-)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 05/10/2016 12:35 PM, T wrote:

^^^^^^^^^ there
:'(
I went to Publik Skool
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

In the UK, "public school" means private school (the one you pay for). "Private school" also means private school, so I say private school.
Having typed school 5 times in the above line, it now looks spelt wrong!
--
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 05/10/2016 01:07 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Which one is the one you are threatened with imprisonment and loss of property (taxes) if you don't pony up for it?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Not sure what you're talking about.
--
Smith & Wesson -- the original point and click interface.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 05/10/2016 01:22 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Do you have a public school system? Sounds like you may contract it out.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 5/10/2016 2:35 PM, T wrote:

I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space, how do we know time has always been constant there since many people like to put a number on the age of the universe and use that as evidence to estimate the age of the Earth.
I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

Amen, T.

...a constant discussion and conversation, I'd say.
--
Maggie

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 05/10/2016 01:41 PM, Muggles wrote:

Hi Muggles,
Something I have found interesting is Einstein's take on quantum physics. He did not believe it to be correct because "God is not random". And indeed the theory which is starting to replace quantum physics, called String Theory, is not random.
Problem with quantum physics is that it is not unified, meaning it does not incorporate gravity in its model. String theory does.
We have a saying in our church. "Do not seek the truth in science, for today's truths are always tomorrow's falsehoods. But instead, seek the truth in Jesus Christ, who is the way, the truth, and the light."
One of my most fascinating courses in college was the history of science. It was all about tomorrow's falsehoods. Caloric was a huge one.
My personal belief is that when the eight day comes and all is revealed, that all our humanity's collective knowledge and all our machines, we will have not scratched one cell in God's finger.
I also think that ever since the first human eye laid sight on the first star in the sky, that we were meant to go there. I look forward to the light barrier being broken. I will probably have to watch that happen from heaven.
And we have Saint Moses to thank for science:
Genius 1, 1-5 KJV In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
And that was the beginning of science. The universe was a creation of God and what we observed around us was nature, not the work of petty human like gods and magic.
Glory be to God! -T
String theory is really w-e-i-r-d.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I wonder how many more things Einstein could have discovered if he wasn't hampered by religion?
--
Judi: "Hon, what is my love worth to you?"
Amanpreet: "Am I buying, or selling?"
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 4:11:05 PM UTC-5, Mr Macaw wrote:

After all the calculations and proofs he went through, YOU think he was "hampered"? You're fucked-up!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.