Flashlight temptation

How about some Ancient Druidic curse. Much more colorful and some of the Demons you summon might actually be interesting.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

It depends on someone being f***ed enough in the head to jump to conclusions instead of finding out the often more interesting actual cause.

No, it's the sense to realise that there is no point in believing something there is no proof of, and which is very unlikely.

You're backwards way first thinking is like saying I'm a type of piano player because I avoid playing pianos.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

So you must also know that you used to be wrong. So how do you know you're right now and not then?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Amazing, you have such fantastic insight into the world. Perhaps you can continue your lessons. I eagerly await.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm much more in tune with the universe. Better understand a lot of things.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

He is only telling you what he is and where to follow up if you are interested. That is not pushing things on anyone.

Seems to me that any mention of a religoun other than your own (atheist) offends you. And that is religious intolerance.

And looking around you, you see God's hand in everything.

Hi Muggles,

I sometimes refer to God as the Master Bioengineer. :-)

My unscientific observation is that a lot of intelligent folks do believe in God. Einstein's saying as "How did he do it?" The more you realize you don't know, the more humble you become and the more you realize their is someone's hand in all this.

First sentence of the Nicene Creed: "We believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible."

Wisdom of Sirach, chapter 38, v6, KJV: And he hath given men skill, that he might be honoured in his marvellous works.

Glory be to God!

-T

It also helps when you have a personal relationship with Jesus (God) and one of his saints. Can we say "voices in our heads?" :-)

^^^^^^^^^ there

:'(

I went to Publik Skool

In the UK, "public school" means private school (the one you pay for). "Private school" also means private school, so I say private school.

Having typed school 5 times in the above line, it now looks spelt wrong!

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Which one is the one you are threatened with imprisonment and loss of property (taxes) if you don't pony up for it?

Not sure what you're talking about.

Reply to
Mr Macaw

Do you have a public school system? Sounds like you may contract it out.

yeah ...

Reply to
Muggles

I love to discuss quantum physics in relation to outer space in discussions about belief in God. How is time measured in space, how do we know time has always been constant there since many people like to put a number on the age of the universe and use that as evidence to estimate the age of the Earth.

I've had some VERY interesting discussions like that!

Amen, T.

...a constant discussion and conversation, I'd say.

Reply to
Muggles

Hi Muggles,

Something I have found interesting is Einstein's take on quantum physics. He did not believe it to be correct because "God is not random". And indeed the theory which is starting to replace quantum physics, called String Theory, is not random.

Problem with quantum physics is that it is not unified, meaning it does not incorporate gravity in its model. String theory does.

We have a saying in our church. "Do not seek the truth in science, for today's truths are always tomorrow's falsehoods. But instead, seek the truth in Jesus Christ, who is the way, the truth, and the light."

One of my most fascinating courses in college was the history of science. It was all about tomorrow's falsehoods. Caloric was a huge one.

My personal belief is that when the eight day comes and all is revealed, that all our humanity's collective knowledge and all our machines, we will have not scratched one cell in God's finger.

I also think that ever since the first human eye laid sight on the first star in the sky, that we were meant to go there. I look forward to the light barrier being broken. I will probably have to watch that happen from heaven.

And we have Saint Moses to thank for science:

Genius 1, 1-5 KJV In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And that was the beginning of science. The universe was a creation of God and what we observed around us was nature, not the work of petty human like gods and magic.

Glory be to God!

-T

String theory is really w-e-i-r-d.

I wonder how many more things Einstein could have discovered if he wasn't hampered by religion?

Reply to
Mr Macaw

After all the calculations and proofs he went through, YOU think he was "hampered"? You're f***ed-up!

Reply to
bob_villain

Einstein was driven by "How did he do it". So I have to say, no. He probably would have just been mediocre.

"hampered by religion"? You lead an insular life.

Often times, those that say they don't believe in religion, get caught up in religions by other names, such a secular humanism, atheism, Liberalism, global warming (which is not science, but religoun).

Liberalism, which tells you what you can eat, what you can wear, who you can speak with, what you can drive, yada, yada, yada, is far more restrictive than Christianity. Hell, Liberalism even tells you what you can think (political correctness).

A lot of atheists are very religious people.

I've plonked the idiot a long time ago and I have to read his crap because you guys keep "feeding the troll". I aften wonder if the Macaw is human or a robot of some sort. No human could be THAT stupid and still manage to reach adulthood.

Reply to
clare