Would be much more interesting

This site would be much more interesting if we could post pictures on it, perhaps limited by size but much more useable.

Any where that is my opinion???

Reply to
Grumpy

Yes, you're so right. We can always look at the other usenet lists, find one that has the word binaries, but doesn't seem to be in use. Post there, cross post with alt hvac, and see what happens.

.

Any where that is my opinion???

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sites like "

" are much easier to use and post a link to. A binary file posted to a newsgroup is a more likely to get broken than a file posted to an image sharing site. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

You're so right. I've used that site a couple times, I think. For example, the battery tester I have been using: ===================== Using six or so inches of 12 or 14 solid copper wire, and a PR-2 flash light bulb, this device can be used.

By bending the wire a bit, you can test any cells from AAAA to D. After testing a few cells, you can get a rough idea if the battery is useful, by how bright the bulb glows.

Voltage available doesn't necessarily mean the battery is useful. I found this out years ago, with carbon zinc cells that read 1.5 volts, but which do not power a device. ===================== It's not my design, my Dad showed me this when I was a kid. And, he probably learned it from his Dad. Passed on, as part of the oral traditon.

.

Sites like "

" are much easier to use and post a link to. A binary file posted to a newsgroup is a more likely to get broken than a file posted to an image sharing site. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What kind of photos to share? Pics from the job site, maybe?

.

Any where that is my opinion???

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Some news servers won't pass binaries. Best to use sites like "

" flicker etc.

Reply to
NotMe

perhaps limited by size but much more useable.

This group is not a binary group which means no pictures. The companies who maintain newsgroups may not like it if someone ignores the rules and posts pictures and doing so might cost you a usenet account.

Reply to
?

I have occasionally seen pictures on usenet groups such as this one. Binaries lost most of their usefulness a decade ago. I don't even use this free space given to comcast users much, but I like to show off what you can do. I don't have the car anymore.....

Greg

Reply to
gregz