Fireplace cleanup?

I just bought a 20-year-old house with a fireplace - I'll never use the fireplace - it's been used before - after I clean out all the ash and crud, what's the best way to finish it off so it looks nice - after scraping and maybe using a wire brush the inside the firebox, would something as simple as some black spray paint be OK?

Reply to
Texas Yankee

Rutland has a good brick & stone cleaner. Look through their site and you'll find what you need is suspect.

I just bought a 20-year-old house with a fireplace - I'll never use the

Reply to
RB

He problably meant: "you'll find what you need, I suspect."

Regards,

George Wenzel

Reply to
George Wenzel