Excessive water runoff

I live in Texas. My unit stays on most of the day. The problem I have is that there is so much water being drained outside. Within a week I can have a small pond. I have to relocated the drain pipe at least twice a month. Is there something I could do to help this? Is this normal?

The unit is a 4 ton, A-frame. It is not mounted in the ceiling. The house has poor insulation. I change my filters at least once a month and clean my coils every year.

Electric bill runs about 200 a month, but I'm not complaining.

I just don't want a mosquito farm in my yard.

tks, TJ

Reply to
JJ

about the only way to reduce condensate volume is to reduce the amount of humidity getting inside the house. The biggest factor is probably air infiltration (leaky doors and windows). Another issue that's not so easy to do is add some vapor barrier to inner surfaces.

Reply to
bill a