Ensuring proper slope

I am laying down DWV piping under concrete slab. How do I ensure proper constant slope from a fixture to main stack? There are a lot of fittings used.

Reply to
Alexander Galkin

If it's in a straight line, lay a long 2 X 4 along the pipe to ensure the run is reasonably straight. You want approx 1/4" per foot slope. Mark your level at the

1 foot length and tape a 1/4" shim there and you can check individual sections.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

OR you could just use an angle finder at or about 40 degrees is what most building codes for. Terry Lewis Contracting

Reply to
lewisconva

Reply to
Craven Morehead