Electric dryer problem

I have a Kenmore dryer that is about 6-7 years old. When I press the "start" button, the dryer motor starts up and begins to run. However, when I release the "start" button, the motor stops. This happens on all timer settings.

I left my tools at a jobsite so I haven't been able to open the back to get the model number.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Jurgens

There is a contact in the motor's start switch that keeps the motor running when the start switch releases the start winding. It also turns the heating element off if the motor stops.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

First, open up the front door and see if the model number is there. It is on my Kenmore dryer. Then go to this site:

your model number and you can look at an exploded diagram of the whole machine and the correlated parts list. Then you can buy your replacement part right there online. Easy as cake. I have done just this to fix my washer, dryer and refrigerator. Hope this helps, Tomes

Reply to
Tomes