Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Of course there is the little issue of the big honking, expensive battery. And meeting all the federal mandates that a hobbyist building a golf cart doesn't have to deal with. It's not that big auto can't do it. It's that no one can.

Reply to
trader4

We did cut off their steel imports...after they brutalized China and performed the Rape of Nanking.

They wanted the US out of the Pacific..they wanted total control of the Pacific. We disagreed.

The rest is history.

Despite what the Leftwingers want to believe.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

They have a national holiday food known as Spotted Dick ...too.

  1. Lie
Gunner

To make the other poor bastard die for HIS country.

  1. Lie
Gunner

I could put a 10' board inside my Voyagers (when I had them, a couple of decades ago).

Reply to
krw

No, it's the big business Democrats who are really pushing this. Wake up.

Reply to
krw

What makes you think that the losers would pull even their own weight? They aren't now.

Reply to
krw

Leftwingers beleive all the Fairytales. Or is that Fairytails?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Isn't that one of the symptoms of advanced VD?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Quickly and without suffering, if possible. Unless he has a blue pencil. Then you waterboard him for months on end, until he pushes the pencil through his brain.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Only an idiot would willingly be a slave to the government. You're such an idiot, obviously.

Reply to
krw

Use a flamethrower on ther sorry asses.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

With all that ham, beer, and chocolate cake, who cares?

Reply to
krw

No, idiot, the area with the densest people, like Europe.

We know you would expect such, moron.

Unlike Europeons, they're capable of remembering something, anyway.

Reply to
krw

He did say he was a lib.

Reply to
krw

Sounds like a good idea to me. If they don't like that, they can raise the money by working or baking cookies.

Reply to
krw

That's nothing to brag about. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or actually study instead of hoping for a sports scholarship.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I was able to carry a 6' step ladder inside my Renault 16 when I had the funky machine 35 years ago. It had a great cargo capacity for a small car. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

It was a brilliant car from a purely technical standpoint but suffered mightily from poor excecution, spotty build quality, and nonexistent rustproofing. (In other words, a pretty typical BMC/British Leyland product. :-) The Austin America was heavily advertised in the U.S. as having a fully-automatic 4-speed transmission available, which was unheard of in a small import at the time. Even full-size Chevys were still using a

2-speed automatic back then. Unfortunately those transmissions, sharing the engine oil, frequently would not even make it through the warranty period without grenading, particulary given the typical American driver's penchant for skipping oil changes..

The transverse engine idea was actually introduced with the original Mini in 1959. The Austin America shared the same basic drivetrain but with a larger displacement engine, which is another reason so few are left -- many were tossed aside after the power unit was plucked to install in a Mini.

Reply to
Roger Blake