Drywall Sanding Question

I have this drywall sander with a hose for attaching to my Shopvac. Works well, very clean, however the cartridge filter plugs up in about 5 minutes. (My hang-on-the-wall Shopvac isn't made for a paper bag type filter). Menards has an accessory that uses a pail of water with 2 hoses attached. Anyone who has used one of these have any comment as to how well it works? Thanks.

Reply to
Joel

I have one of those, from HD, and it works pretty well. The hose on mine is a bit shorter than I would like, IIRC there was a model with a longer hose that would have been better.

Reply to
Paul A

MagnaSander works quite well. Check it out on Amazon.com drywalls tools. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

I use the one with the pail of water... works great, has the longer hose so i don't have to listen to the shopvac so close to me. I generally set that up outside and sand away. The hardest thing to get used to is the heavy open mesh, if you use too much pressure on the final sanding, it shows the mesh marks. Just like anything else, it takes a little time to find your comfort level. The best thing about this system is that there is very little airbourne dust settling and that makes my customers happy!

Reply to
XtraHandz