dryer vent

Hi

I bought this flexible "dryer to duct connector kit" from Home depot. I have been told that the dryer vent is standard and that kit should work. to my surprised, the dryer vent looks strange to me ( has cross inside) please see these 2 pictures

The white connector can not go outside the black vent of dryer or inside either! I am really stuck here and do not know what to do? any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
leza wang

I use that aluminum duct stuff, but use metal curves and extension near outlet. Looks like an animal proof outlet, another thing to collect lint. I would take it off.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Here's a link that I think shows how your kit is supposed to be installed:

.

It includes a video for doing the installation.

I am not sure, but I think there may be a piece missing on your existing dryer vent outlet that your kit can connect to.

It may be that if you bought this item,

,

you could connect this fitting to your dryer (with a 4-inch metal clamp) and then connect a flexible dryer vent hose to that -- the one you already have would probably work -- and make that connection with another 4-inch clamp.

I have never used a plastic connector like the one that came with your kit.

Reply to
TomR

I'm not sure either. It looks a little short, no? And also looks like it has a tit sticking up on top, for something to possible lock on to. But it's hard to tell from the pic. The link Tom found mentions a "recessed dryer vent", sounds like that may be what she has.

After she looks at the link, maybe she can figure it out or tell us more about why it won't fit.....

Reply to
trader4

Leza,

That's a curious gizmo on the dryer. What does the owners" manual suggest for hooking up to that? Most manuals are easy to download.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Hi, Just curious, what is the brand name of the dryer? I have never seen one like that on a dryer. Using the brand name try googling for some info.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I agree -- never saw that before.

If you can find the dryer brand name and model number, I am sure we could find a downloadable owners or installation manual for it online.

Or, use the brand name and model number to look for the part(s) you may need on this website:

.

This is an EXCELLENT website and I use it all the time. It shows all the parts and has lots of excellent how-to video that show how to do the repair that is needed.

In your case (meaning the OP, Leza), there is a question of whether there is a fitting or piece missing on your dryer that would connect to the dryer vent duct.

Reply to
TomR

I forgot to add that this is the link for parts that comes from the appliancerepair.com website:

.

Reply to
TomR

Looks to me like the (large) engress protector attaches to the duct w/ a wire spring clip like arrangement. Should be able to remove it (it'll serve no purpose at all w/ a duct presuming there's something at the outside end) and then put on the adapter.

Looks like small diameter, though...

Reply to
dpb

Could you measure the diameter of the short pipe that is coming out of the dryer (the pipe that has the metal crossclip in it) and post that?

Plus, the brand name and model number of the dryer would help.

Reply to
TomR