Frigidaire Gallery Electric Dryer Low Heat Only

Greetings All, Have a 2003 Frigidaire Gallery model GLER331AS2 electric clothes dryer that takes twice as long(2 drying cycles) to dry one load of clothes.Tried halving the load size and it still takes

2 drying cycles on high heat to dry cotton clothes. Vacuumed out lint and checked exhaust line,clear and straight. This has a circular element around the rear of the drum, of which I can see just a small part of it. Does this model have more than one element section or is it one continuous element? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply to
alvaradotx

Could be any one of a number of things. I had the element break and reconnect itself to ground. In my dryer there is a 5" metal cylinder with the element wires strung inside from porcelain standoffs. The break and subsequent reconnect had the effect of running part of the element on 110 rather than 220. It behaved exactly like what you describe. I "repaired" the element by taking the 2 broken ends and bending a small 1/4" diameter loop in the wire. I then used a small screw and nut to connect the 2 ends together. Hey, it worked! BTW, before touching the element, I washed my hands real well to keep oil off the element wires. A crimp connected might also work, but I used what I had on hand.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Sounds as if you need to clean and check your vent, vent hose, and maybe vent grill that is outside the home. The venting is what needs to be checked here........especially if your clothes are getting warm in dryer right now.

Reply to
avid_hiker

I've heard that you get a build up of fabric softener in your lint screen- it needs to be washed well with hot soapy water.'ve noticed this makes a difference- it was recommended to do this twice a year

Reply to
Merryb

Agreed. You mentioned that the vent exhaust line is clear and straight. Are you referring to the transition duct - the accordian duct that runs from the dryer to the wall, or the duct inside the wall that terminates to the exterior? If you have not checked the duct inside the wall, this is where most problems are. This is a do-it- yourself job. The next post is also valid - the one that says to wash your lint screen twice a year.

Alisa LeSueur Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician

CDET 14