DREMEL-EERS ?

I've been using my Dremel tool to etch flat river rocks. It does a pretty good job, and makes some nice souvenirs for our visitors.

Problem is, I haven't found a bit that'll stand up to any amount of engraving.

I tried a "diamond-chip" bit that went smooth in just a few minutes.

Right now, I'm using a small stone grinder bit. It's holding up OK, but the lines are coarse.

Any suggestions on what I might use on this pretty tough rock... ??

Reply to
Anonymous

water and a drop of dish soap, dry grinding will kill the bits

Reply to
beecrofter

Plus, you might want to slow the tool down a little. That, along with lube, will keep the bit cooler.

Reply to
Art Todesco

I carve pet tombstone using a carbide bit, slower speed, and a spray bottle of soapy water.

Reply to
rivahrebel