Door bottom/sweep question

Hi,

I have a fairly normal back door that is about 3 years old. It came with the house that I just purchased, so I do not know the make of it. The door looks to be a common steel type. Anyway, the bottom sweep is worn and I am trying to find another to replace it with. The current one snaps into the bottom of the door. I have looked in three large hardware stores, and could only find the type that screw in at the bottom. I would just as soon find the one that snaps in. Looking at the thing, it seems to me that someone must carry it, since a few thousand doors must be like this. Any suggestions on where to find a sweep like this?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John E. Jones

May be possible to find something in the catalogs of the big supply firms like McMaster-Carr or similar. Lots of problem solving goodies there, and worth the price if it saves you some grief. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

i missed original post what kind of door is it.

Reply to
Randd01

I do not know the brand, but a common steel door in my house leading to the backyard.

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John E. Jones

Well Stanley Doors sell replacement door sweeps.Maybe it would work on your door.

Reply to
Randd01