Does coating stranded copper wire with solder cause any issues or break any codes?

Could you two please start over again at the beginning? I've completely lost track of which one is the idiot.

Reply to
Mys Terry

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:42:03 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

You're a f****ng retard. Once was enough, dipshit.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:42:03 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

You call yourself mature, or professional?

Try addressing the topic title, dumbass.

Your mother should be a jailed felon for the crime of not flushing your retarded ass, the moment you exited her retarded ass.

Thanks for displaying once again how little you know about tinned wires or solderless connectors.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:48:21 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

A piece of shit like you wouldn't know what well founded was if it bit you in the ass. From the moment you chimed into this thread, you have been wrong.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 18:59:24 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

The part that you don't get is that you lost the game.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

I'll admit I lost the game, but the reason I lost it is because I replied to your foul ass of a brain. That was the losing move. No other way about it, maybe this is gonna go on forever. I wonder how many postings usenet will allow?

Reply to
Billy H

LOL

LOL short memory problems have you?

Comments about my mother's anal retention are for her GP to make. I think you are out of your depth.

Wire? Solder? que?

Who was it who sang 'We Have all the Time in the World?'

Reply to
Billy H

Ah, but I do it so much better and with so much more well founded reason.

Reply to
Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 21:57:40 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

You obviously do not know much about Usenet.

OR ELECTRONICS for that matter. The electrons do NOT "travel on the surface of the wire".

Until you get THAT clue, you will always be the one in the barrel.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:01:35 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

The comment was about it being a criminal, and you being born from her ass, you f****ng retard.

The main character in "The Time Machine"

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Reply to
Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:05:42 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

You're a cut and paste repost repeat retard. This is the same CRAP you posted yesterday.

Same CRAP you already posted, redundotard.

For a piece of shit... no... you don't look good.

Fuck off, and die.

Fuck you. This is Usenet. There are no private conversations, retard boy.

Said the idiot that guesses about how wires are constructed, guesses about how they conduct, guesses about how terminations are prepped and handled. Yep. You are batting 1000 in the guess it wrong department.

EVERYONE is your better, dipshit.

Sorry but repeating the crap you posted at the beginning of this post is stupid, no ifs ands or butts.

Who would you call "a reg"? The other retard Phil? Wrong. You're an idiot.

Grow the f*ck up, and talk about the topic. Oh.. that's right, you don't know anything about the topic.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:06:07 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

snip

You're a goddamned retard, cut and paste twit.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Reply to
dwight

On 15 Feb 2006 00:08:18 -0800, "dwight" Gave us:

A "tinned" wire that is done that way by the manufacturer is different than tinning wires at your bench or via a solder pot.

For one thing, the manufactured tinned wire has no lead in the PLATING (co-valent), and said plating is very uniform and very thin.

A tinned wire at the bench has lead in it, IS susceptible to solder creep, and the process is intermetallic, but only when done right.

Placing said wire in a PCB, the proper way to prep the wire is the way you describe. For it to be pre-tinned as it is called. The MAIN reason is so that one can construct the PCB / wire / solder joint connection in the fastest time frame, reducing the likelihood for insulation damage to a minimum. It also increases the odds of constructing a proper solder joint with the highest reliability and least amount of leeching of the solder up the wire, in the case of stranded wire.

The discussion, however, is about whether or not a wire inserted into a crimp type solderless connector should be soldered, and whether or not such a termination preparation is an accepted practice by the industry engineers and manufacturers, not necessarily at the assembler or inspector level.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Reply to
Billy H

Reply to
Billy H

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 23:35:45 -0000, "Billy H" Gave us:

Cut and paste retard. Do you know that your behavior is considered stupid in Usenet? It is... and they are right too. You be stupid.

You lost the argument before you even began.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs